Who had the better conference?

Xbox, Backwards Compatibi... 109 14.36%

Playstation; TLG, FFVII Remake, Shenmue 3! 511 67.33%

Both were unrealistically amazing! 54 7.11%

Both were absolutely awful! 21 2.77%

See Results 64 8.43%

Total:759
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
It is amazing how quickly people forget the past. Had Microsoft's presentation taken place after Sony's, things would have been a lot more even. And then you need to consider the fact that most people already prefer Sony in the first place, which heavily affects their perception of today's event.

Adjusted for bias, I'd say Microsoft is the clear winner today.

Sony's conference revealed Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII and The Last Guardian. Those alone trump anything in MS' conference. Do you live under a rock?

Around the Network
tinfamous12 said:
Honestly, people only say Sony did better because they went last lol

No, they say Sony's was better because it showed off three of the most requested games ever, with one being exclusive, one being console exclusive, and one being timed exclusive. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Didn't even know they had their conference already! I missed M$'s, too but I went back and watched/enjoyed it. I'll Youtube Sony's conference right now. If it's as good as you say, I'm gonna be in gaming heaven.

My only worry is Nintendo. They're my favorite company even though I own all of the consoles. I don't want them leaving E3 looking like shit. It would hurt me too much!

MS didn't show anything new and interesting. BC is a nice feature but I don't think I'd use it.

Sony bought games which are quite popular on internet forums, but based on Horizon, Uncharted 4, and those third party partnerships, I think Sony was better.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ok? Didn't expect this sort of reaction, IMO Uncharted and Horizon stole the show from those J-games. I'm too new school I guess.

Around the Network

Sonys first party took the bag from Microsoft and beat it with it. Forget third party deals...Sony destroyed Microsoft with their first party.

I guess that I must be missing something. Unless you are a niche forum dwelling fan of a few of the games that Sony announced, why would you think they dropped bombshells?

People have been talking about them finally releasing the Last Guardian for a while, they just finally confirmed it.

FFVII isn't exclusive.

COD isn't exclusive.

Was Sony's conference fun to watch? Hell yes.

Did they make a few announcements just to make internet headlines? Hell Yes.

Will those headlines impact gamers in the next 12 months? Probably not.

As usual, the internet forum dwellers were fooled by the Hype machine. I am not sure why MS keeps letting Sony have their pressers hours or a day after they have theirs? Sony is excellent at finding ways to eliminate what MS says by bringing up total fanboy announcements that have no dates or have very little impact in real terms.

Kudos to Sony for again making MS's presser seem like they didn't show up. I think Sony is the best at making reactionary pressers to MS big corporate planned ones.

It is near the end of the end....

wilco said:

This is the worst sony conference ever for me, simply because I have very little interest in any of the big suprise games . Why is a remake of an old game a big deal? I'm so lost.

And they didn't even announce that other game. They announced a kickstarter campaign. That has to be the most shameful thing I've ever seen. If the game is such a big deal why didn't sony just fund it?

Only the last guardian has me intrigued, but I never played the spiritual predecessors so I'm not really sure if it would even be my cup of tea.

What's your favorite game. That you REALLY love. Someone makes a remake. That's what people feel.

starcraft said:

Sure, I had doubts about Shenmue...but there it is, as a console-exclusive kickstarter.

That thread is the perfect example. Sony fans believed all of this was coming.

But all anyone is talking about is that, a timed remake and a game that was announced close to a decade ago.

But now the conference is over, its all a big surprise.

You keep belittling FFVII as a "timed remake". What makes you so sure it'll appear on the XBOne?

XBOne has half the install base of PS4 and that gap will continue to grow.

XBOne basically doesn't exist in Japan, where half of FF sales come from

Timed exclusivity always cuts the legs off the potential sales of the platform it appears on later. The platform in question is for a fanbase that hasn't been asking for this game for the last 10 years? The predecessor to this platform only managed 2 million for a mainline FF? Factor this in with the XBOne having a much smaller userbase, and seriously ask yourself: how would an XBOne version of the FFVII remake even make sense, financially?

Sony didn't say "console exclusive" but instead said "first on Playstation", but they said the same thing for Shenmue and it turns out the Shenmue is PS4/PC. FFVII has been PS/PC since the beginning, so I'd hedge my bets and say it'll be on PC, not Xbox, when PS4 exclusivity ends.

I think you're approaching it as "a timed remake" (not to mention, this was the most demanded game ever. The fact that it now exists is big enough on its own. Saying it's "just" a timed remake is silly) with the belief that it'll be on XBOne as well, so it "doesn't matter". Chances are, it won't be. Especially if Sony still has any kind of publishing rights to the game.

I just scoured GAF in the thread after the announcement, and someone named "Kagari", who is apparently a "Final Fantasy insider" said "this is an SF5 situation". Dunno how I feel about insiders, but apparently she's been accurate about FF before (FFXV stuff, for example).

To me I view E3s based on what I want, not what others like or will sell the most.

Final Fantasy VII alone made this one of the most memorable conferences I have ever watched. That is Twilight Princess levels of wide eyed wonder.

To throw The Last Guardian and Shenmue III on top made this a sort of gamer fever dream to watch.

Also, that Horizon game looks to be the best original game I've seen at the show thus far.

Sony caters to me, why wouldn't I reward such pandering?