By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GIGATON: Final Fantasy VII Remake Announced (First on PS4)

i was a big fan of FF7 when it came out but I just really don't care anymore. I have no faith in SE and it's hard for me to play turn based RPGs anymore to be honest even though i was obsessed with them back in SNES/PS1 days.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Wait, so a PC version is also happening? Either way, it's awesome that a FFVII remake is finally happening! Now, only if SE would give us a FFIX remake..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Wait, so a PC version is also happening? Either way, it's awesome that a FFVII remake is finzlly happening! Now, only if SE would give us a FFIX remake..

Yep, an FFIX and/or FFVI remake would make me happy (top two FF games.) Maybe from the sales of VII they can do it. 

So they actually gave in? I wonder how they will mess it up. Voices? Different gameplay?

Year of release? We thinking 2019 yeah? with KH3 the year after?

Hmm, pie.

Fusioncode said:
Ali_16x said:

Link please.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=168200869&postcount=1028

Then why didn't they just say console exclusive?

Around the Network
tiffac said:

Did sony or SquEnix make the trailer? If SE, then they might not have cared.

How many times was Exclusive mentioned in the Sony show? I think I counted 78 in the MS one.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
tiffac said:

How many times was Exclusive mentioned in the Sony show? I think I counted 78 in the MS one.

No not on the trailer, I meant Adam Boyes* himself said on stage that its coming to PS4 first.

If it was a console exclusive like SF5 then they should have said so or clarified already.

Edit: D@mnit I called Adam Boyes of Sony, Adam Boyles. lol!

tiffac said:
The Fury said:

No not on the trailer, I meant Adam Boyes* himself said on stage that its coming to PS4 first.

If it was a console exclusive like SF5 then they should have said so or clarified already.

Don't forget that by the time Final Fantasy VII remake releases, a new Nintendo (NX?) console will be on the market.

tiffac said:
The Fury said:

I think they don't care at all
No one connects Final Fantasy with Xbox

In times when 360 and PS3 were equal and everyone was hyped up for FF13 the PS3 Version destroyed the 360 Version
FF13-2 on the PS3,after FF13 and the people behind it +what they said killed pretty much the franchise at this point still outsold the overhyped FF13 on the 360.
Type 0 had 90% of its sales on PS4
The FF15 Demo runs like garbage on the X1 and with 2.0 you see they don't care for the X1 Version.

Nearly every (SquareEnix) RPG is Playstation Exclusive or Sony is heavily connected to it like FF15 and KH3

95% of the Final Fantasy Fans are especially in this Gen on Playstation or would easily buy one for FF7 REMAKE
Once FF7 hits other platforms especially the X1 it won't matter anymore especially not if this version runs worse like every multiplat
The X1 lives from its core fanbase the same way as Nintendo does...People buy this console only for Halo and Gears and not for Final Fantasy or J-RPGs.

Sony probably didn't care for full time exclusivity
And PC isn't a direct competitor to them as you can see with SF5 and stuff

Massive fan of FF7, however its a timed exclusive so this PS4 won E3 is kinda of sad, just like Xbox fanboys claiming Tomb Raider. I can understand if its exclusive but drop it, its coming to PC most definitely.