By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can SONY get away without a PS4 price cut?

Can SONY get away without a PS4 price cut?

Yes 86 66.67%

No fucking way 43 33.33%

Total:129
Mr.Playstation said:
You don't need to worry about this. Pretty sure Sony will announce a PS4 price cut.

its not about worrying

what if they don't cut the price and still beat the shit out of XBONE and Win easily,that will be nice to watch

it will put a big staement about PLAYSTATION as a brand and its power and could even return SONY to its prime days

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Yeah, they can. No competition.

This.

Some people act like if competition did something amazing, extraordinary.   MS catologue is pretty meh to be honest.

Why are you so worried about Sony? They are just outselling Xbox1 by 10million... no biggie.

torok said:
I'm surprised as people say that Destiny didn't "sold" well. You can argue about its quality, but the game sold 10M and got a ton of expansion sales.

The thread is about ps4 though...

Also,a 500m budget over-hyped franchise,Destiny has sold 10m on 4 platforms(xbox360,xboxone,ps3 & ps4)2.5m by average...So now I think that I helped you to comprahend why the writer implied what he implied!

I don't say that I agree with his opinion but I can definetely understand it...

The PS4 will still sell just fine without a price cut

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

They could never release another game for the PS4, raise the price by $100 and tell the consumers to fuck off and I believe it would still sell well.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

tak13 said:
torok said:
I'm surprised as people say that Destiny didn't "sold" well. You can argue about its quality, but the game sold 10M and got a ton of expansion sales.

Also,a 500m budget over-hyped franchise,Destiny has sold 10m on 4 platforms(xbox360,xboxone,ps3 & ps4)2.5m by average...So now I think that I helped you to comprahend why the writer implied what he implied!

The budget wasn't 500m, and it has sold 10m, regardless of the amount of platforms. 

@OP, well of course they can, but to sustain growth in sales, a pricecut should/needs to happen.

tak13 said:

Get your facts straight. The game didn't costed 500M. That's the budget for the first 2 or 3 games in the series, reported by Activision.

Splitting the sales by platform also doesn't helps your point. We have seen in games that went multiplat that it doesn't scale linearly this way. And nice twisting by dividing the sales by 4 when two of these platforms are last gen devices on decline. A sale is a sale, the game is 60 bucks independently of platform. Stop dowplaying.

This game and Hearthstone resulted in 1B combined for Activision. I'm pretty sure they are satisfied.

i think tonight sony puts ps4 at $349.

torok said:
tak13 said:

Get your facts straight. The game didn't costed 500M. That's the budget for the first 2 or 3 games in the series, reported by Activision.

Splitting the sales by platform also doesn't helps your point. We have seen in games that went multiplat that it doesn't scale linearly this way. And nice twisting by dividing the sales by 4 when two of these platforms are last gen devices on decline. A sale is a sale, the game is 60 bucks independently of platform. Stop dowplaying.

This game and Hearthstone resulted in 1B combined for Activision. I'm pretty sure they are satisfied.

Torok...Believe what you want,I don't know If I'll answer to your indirect offenses towards me,what I would say could effect my moderation,of course I would be very polite but you never know...

I won't defend myself nor what I claimed,I leave it there...PEACE

P.s I was not surprised...