By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBO - From ZERO to HERO

Yeah, I thought their BC announcement was a good one. Good job for MS to do that. It may not be true BC, but any BC is good. The Rare collection was good too. I`d def grab that if I had an XB1.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
Xenobot said:

Borderlands HC, TLoU R, Tomb Raider DE, D3 UEE - got them all. No problem here.

Diablo 3 on PS4 was NOT a remaster. It was the expansion -- which in Diablo's case was a complete new version of the game ... not just plugin content. UEE released at the exact same time on PS4 as it did on PS3. Seriously, play vanilla PS3 diablo and try PS4 UEE... its like going from Windows XP to Windows 10.

the fact remains - they made me pay twice.

binary solo said:

That list looks interesting from the perspective of Xbox fans for sure. But If that's the major high points I'm not sure how Xbox gets to hero status.

I wish people would stop calling it backwards compatibility. It isn't backwards compatibility. You can't put your disc in and just play. What MS is doing is basically porting 360 games to Xb one which seems like it will take a minimal amount of effort and making them available for download.

I did suggest something like this for PS Now way back when. If you put a PS3 disc into your PS4 and the game is available on PS Now then you could play the game streaming without having to pay. Seems like MS listened to my suggestion, sort of, and Sony didn't. It would be easy enough for Sony to implement this if they think it's worth it. Is it worth it to counter? This is a move to try to shore up the Xbox base as it is of no value to people who don't currently own a 360. It does certainly make trade in offers more attractive because you're losing less by trading up, so long as your favourite games you like to go back to are supported. One TV households typically don't like having more than one console connected, so it is a big draw card for current 360 homes. It's certainly important to shore up your current customer base before you go out trying to attract new customers, and that is where MS screwed up before the generations started.

It is the first time, I think, MS is ahead of the customer service curve.

You should probably "suggest" to them they give ZappyKins a development team and a bunch of money. 

And one of the other benefits is the ease at which things run on the Xbox One.  You just switch over to anything, TV/aps/games.  You get very spoiled quickly.  I always hated when I had to go to my 360 just to play HBO Go.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Ppl that haven't had a Xbox One don't understand how difficult it is to go back to 360. It's weird