By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Did Microsoft Spend So Little Time On Halo 5?

Tagged games:

Halo has always had massive game demos at E3. They definitely could have shown something more other than a multiplayer trailer and I think that was a poor pick for the gameplay demo of campaign. Considering all the info learned from gameinformer and how much of it wasn't shown off in the gameplay video seemed odd.

Around the Network

I suppose E3 is like Christmas for gaming forums but in reality, it's an show for companies to advertise their announced and unannounced products. Those products can be a wide range of small and triple A games, peripherals and the consoles themselves. And the audience of that show is a wild mix of potential customers. Now Halo will have a huge marketing campaign and most likely a positive reception, because it looked like a great game from what I have seen so far. However Microsoft most likely wanted to use their limited time to show other titles that wouldn't have gotten the same attention as Halo in any other given situation.

.- -... -.-. -..

I think they showed enough. That new Warzone mode looks crazy.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

MS gave Halo 5 nearly 10 minutes, more than enough to me. Halo is an established franchise, everybody knows what it is about.

No need to promote it more than it is already advertised.

Cause it didn't need any more? There are TV shows and it has it's own Halo Channel on the Xbox One for people that want more.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

They seemed to have spent enough time on it. What they showed was impressive. Looks like a solid game to me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Because it's Halo. Millions around the world already know they're getting it then mixed in with a massive holiday marketing push and E3 really ain't needed for that.

Thanks jlmurph!

NobleTeam360 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
What they did show was also underwhelming

Agree, for the most part people seemed to like it. Not me though, too much indie, 3rd party, and not enough new announcements. ReCore is the only game that was a new IP that MS announced that I cared about.

Huh? I think MS had an awesome conference.

Actually so far this is the best E3 in many years across the board imo.

Bethesda - good (Fallout 4, Doom, very few other games though)

Microsoft - great (Gears 4, ReCore, backwards compatible for now only 18 games though)

EA - good (Battlefront gameplay, Mass Effect 4, Mirror's Edge 2, far, far better than last year)

Ubisoft - great (Ghost Recon, For Honor, Siege, Division, South Park But Whole, again better than last year and 0 "leaks"!)

..and we still have Sony, Nintendo and Square Enix. :D