By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the appeal of ff 7 remake and tlg?

there are ( ofcourse ) rumors and speculations about a ff 7 remake and a (re)reveal of tlg. I dont get the hype for these games.

FF 7 was a good rpg, but come on, why do so many people want a remake? Is it for nostalgia reasons or is it for the ''groundbreaking'' gameplay?

Further more tlg. It's from the team that gave us ICO and Shadow of the colossus. Ico was ok ( beautiful to look at ) but gameplay wise it was ok. SOTC was a good game but nothing to be too excited about. Maybe it's just me, no problem, but TLG is for some reason a second coming of christ. Why?

This isn't a troll thread. I am genuinly interested.

Around the Network
pauluzzz1981 said:

Further more tlg. It's from the team that gave us ICO and Shadow of the colossus. Ico was ok ( beautiful to look at ) but gameplay wise it was ok. SOTC was a good game but nothing to be too excited about. Maybe it's just me, no problem, but TLG is for some reason a second coming of christ. Why?

Because everything you said about ICO and SOTC is wrong.

I don't care about FF7, personally.

People just want TLG to either die or actually release. It's stuck in limbo, which is...eh..... And also SoTC and Ico were amazing

Well i love Final Fantasy and I can't get into FF7 in it's current state so a remake would be very welcomed for me personally.

FFVII is a fantastic RPG that has aged pretty poorly, that's why so many want a remake. It was also a break-out hit for JRPG's in the West and a huge catalyst for the PS1's success.

Around the Network

Final Fnatasy 7 is one of the greatest and most Elitest games in gaming history and entertainment history

It is so big a game that it can spawn multiple spinoff's and sequels on its own storyline and made final fantasy what it is today and had a part in Playstation 1's success and Playstation brand's success as a whole

also PS1 games need a REMAKE as the graphic and game quality and design has a massive gap so they could really use a remake and Final Fantasy 7 with Metal Gear Solid 1 are the biggest games that deserve a REMAKE

The last guardian,i don't care about much but they should goddamnit release the fuckin game atlast

I'd like to see a remake for FF7 because being able to play a classic game remade is pretty awesome!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

FF7, Ico, SotC has been out for decades so if you don't see the appeal in these games by now then I feel its a bit pointless to try and explain.

(Not to sound negative)

I disagree with your opinion of SOTC.

As for Final Fantasy 7, I have no idea. There are plenty of better games in the series that could benefit from a full HD remake. VII reminds me of LoZ OoT: okay games in their respective series that get way too much hype and esteem based mostly on the circumstances of their release more than the content of the games. Remakes of said games remove the allure and nostalgia that said games had. I noticed this when OoT 3D came out and many people seemed to have reassessed their opinion of the game. I'd personally would rather a new Final Fantasy release, to be honest,, as a VII remake would have the budget of a brand new Final Fantasy.

enlightenedmaster said:

Final Fnatasy 7 is one of the greatest and most Elitest games in gaming history and entertainment history

It is so big a game that it can spawn multiple spinoff's and sequels on its own storyline and made final fantasy what it is today and had a part in Playstation 1's success and Playstation brand's success as a whole

also PS1 games need a REMAKE as the graphic and game quality and design has a massive gap so they could really use a remake and Final Fantasy 7 with Metal Gear Solid 1 are the biggest games that deserve a REMAKE

The last guardian,i don't care about much but they should goddamnit release the fuckin game atlast

MGS1 already had a remake. :/

Delicious, delicious games.