By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the appeal of ff 7 remake and tlg?

V-r0cK said:

FF7, Ico, SotC has been out for decades so if you don't see the appeal in these games by now then I feel its a bit pointless to try and explain.

(Not to sound negative)

it doesn't. And i know you are right. I loved the trailer for tlg when it was revealed 7? years ago. But it feels like some of the people here, like e3 itself, are overhyping it to get disappointed again. Maybe i'm wrong and it will be a fantastic game! I hope so. Maybe it's just me and i never want to get too excited about a game anymore too avoid the above feeling.

Around the Network
TheVoraciousFox said:
enlightenedmaster said:

Final Fnatasy 7 is one of the greatest and most Elitest games in gaming history and entertainment history

It is so big a game that it can spawn multiple spinoff's and sequels on its own storyline and made final fantasy what it is today and had a part in Playstation 1's success and Playstation brand's success as a whole

also PS1 games need a REMAKE as the graphic and game quality and design has a massive gap so they could really use a remake and Final Fantasy 7 with Metal Gear Solid 1 are the biggest games that deserve a REMAKE

The last guardian,i don't care about much but they should goddamnit release the fuckin game atlast

MGS1 already had a remake. :/

Metal Gear is mainly a Playstation frnachise so a real REMAKE could only happen on a Playstation console and since it has been 3 generations since MGS1,it would be perfect to get a REMAKE now when Hardware is well equiped and PS4 is off to such a great start

kowenicki said:
TLG is only a megaton in the minds of hardcore fans and only then due to the development hell.

In truth it is a niche title of limited appeal (commercially).

FF7 is nostalgia 100%

This.

I imagine that ff7 would sell decently well if priced appropriately (ha!)

TLG is going to flop (hard) if it ever releases. Forum dwellers seem to think its the messiah though

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

enlightenedmaster said:

Final Fnatasy 7 is one of the greatest and most Elitest games in gaming history and entertainment history

It is so big a game that it can spawn multiple spinoff's and sequels on its own storyline and made final fantasy what it is today and had a part in Playstation 1's success and Playstation brand's success as a whole

also PS1 games need a REMAKE as the graphic and game quality and design has a massive gap so they could really use a remake and Final Fantasy 7 with Metal Gear Solid 1 are the biggest games that deserve a REMAKE

The last guardian,i don't care about much but they should goddamnit release the fuckin game atlast

yes! Or give more info about it, at least something we can work with. But ff7, ofcourse it had a huge impact on the success of the ps1 and rpg's in general, but when i look at it storywise it isn't that great. But hey, that's just me. I just would like to have a remake of xenogears.

Personally, I want to see The Last Guardian because its spiritual predecessors, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, are two of the best games ever made. And I want to see Ueda continue to make games.

A Final Fantasy VII remake I could take or leave. Although I do understand its appeal: it's one of the better RPGs of the last 20 years, and, visually, a bit rough around the edges.

Around the Network
pauluzzz1981 said:

there are ( ofcourse ) rumors and speculations about a ff 7 remake and a (re)reveal of tlg. I dont get the hype for these games.

FF 7 was a good rpg, but come on, why do so many people want a remake? Is it for nostalgia reasons or is it for the ''groundbreaking'' gameplay?

Further more tlg. It's from the team that gave us ICO and Shadow of the colossus. Ico was ok ( beautiful to look at ) but gameplay wise it was ok. SOTC was a good game but nothing to be too excited about. Maybe it's just me, no problem, but TLG is for some reason a second coming of christ. Why?

This isn't a troll thread. I am genuinly interested.

SoC was one of the best games ever made

pauluzzz1981 said:
V-r0cK said:

FF7, Ico, SotC has been out for decades so if you don't see the appeal in these games by now then I feel its a bit pointless to try and explain.

(Not to sound negative)

it doesn't. And i know you are right. I loved the trailer for tlg when it was revealed 7? years ago. But it feels like some of the people here, like e3 itself, are overhyping it to get disappointed again. Maybe i'm wrong and it will be a fantastic game! I hope so. Maybe it's just me and i never want to get too excited about a game anymore too avoid the above feeling.

I see what you're getting at and I believe the reason TLG is getting all this hype is because the creators have done such an amazing job (for many people) with Ico and SotC that it seems more likely that TLG will turn out to be amazing too, just unfortunately it's taking too dam long.  

Granted you can very well be right and it might turn out bad but the only way we'll ever know is if the game is released.

I've personally have been waiting for FF Versus XIII, now called FF XV to be released after it was announced back in 2006.  I was skeptical as well but after playing the recent demo I can see it turning out to be an amazing game.

pauluzzz1981 said:
enlightenedmaster said:

yes! Or give more info about it, at least something we can work with. But ff7, ofcourse it had a huge impact on the success of the ps1 and rpg's in general, but when i look at it storywise it isn't that great. But hey, that's just me. I just would like to have a remake of xenogears.

i don't think more info on Last Guardian will be enough

ENOUGH is ENOUGH,people have run out of patience.Last Guardian is not even a great game as ICo and Shadow of the Collosus were OK games

People could only wait so long and SONY cud only justify a later release than this year if the game is drastically different and fun but normally a studio that made ICO and Shadow of the Colossus doesn't make the best or commercially viable games

It is not just Last Gaurdian,even FINAL FANTASY 15 has reached its limit for time bargaining.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH

Square Enix just release the Goddamn game already.Even if it is very good.They can't justidy a release later than 2015.

Other than that SHAME on both the STUDIO's for delaying this much,OUTRIGHT BLUNDER of Development

Well, I enjoyed Ico and SotC was one of the best games of its era for me, so naturally curious about what they have next.

FF7 was a great game way ahead of the technology of PS1 (that era aged horribly) so seeing those characters as more than bunch of shapes.

I gave up on both of these happening after last year so no expectation, but be happy if they happen.

Ruler said:
pauluzzz1981 said:

there are ( ofcourse ) rumors and speculations about a ff 7 remake and a (re)reveal of tlg. I dont get the hype for these games.

FF 7 was a good rpg, but come on, why do so many people want a remake? Is it for nostalgia reasons or is it for the ''groundbreaking'' gameplay?

Further more tlg. It's from the team that gave us ICO and Shadow of the colossus. Ico was ok ( beautiful to look at ) but gameplay wise it was ok. SOTC was a good game but nothing to be too excited about. Maybe it's just me, no problem, but TLG is for some reason a second coming of christ. Why?

This isn't a troll thread. I am genuinly interested.

SoC was one of the best games ever made

I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus but have played ICO,it was a boring and purposeless and entirely commerical waste of a product

I have heard Shadow of the Colossus is similar to ICO,if thats the case,it too would be a bad game

probably Art or Game critics liked it for some reason but for me games are about fun,engagment and entertainment and ICO wasn't that atall