By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion Thread

HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 145 72.14%

NO, NO!!! ITS NOT TRUE, P... 10 4.98%

YES, YES!!!!!!!! 45 22.39%

Total:200
Areym said:
That is fantastic news, honestly. Nintendo and Sony are gonna have a rough time outdoing MS now.

Nintendo already has it, however Sony doesn't. I doubt sony will prep anything up in time, so probably a price cut coming.

Around the Network

Nice! My 360 died a while back and I really didn't want to buy another one, problem is now solved!

To be fair when I got my 360 I never once played Xbox games on it. Nor did I play ps2 on ps3 and guess what I don't play wii on wii u. I think people are slight over reacting. Unless the whole off Xbox live market place is available off course.

DakonBlackblade said:
Seriously, beeing able to play old games wins E3 ? Its nice and all but PS3 was backwards compatible (initialy) and it did squat for the console.

Oh, it's a big deal. There are a lot of people who own a X360 who now have an added incentive to buy an XOne instead of PS4. And with sweet trade in deals, they can now have a new console for under $200.

Too late for me now, I've sold off my entire collection, and the arcade games on my account are not that interesting.

Had this been available from day one, I certainly would have not gone over to PS4, and now the game has become very interesting indeed. Especially in the US/UK markets.

Pretty big. So far the biggest thing they've announced.

Around the Network

Microsoft won E3 for me.

Burek said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Seriously, beeing able to play old games wins E3 ? Its nice and all but PS3 was backwards compatible (initialy) and it did squat for the console.

Oh, it's a big deal. There are a lot of people who own a X360 who now have an added incentive to buy an XOne instead of PS4. And with sweet trade in deals, they can now have a new console for under $200.

Too late for me now, I've sold off my entire collection, and the arcade games on my account are not that interesting.

Had this been available from day one, I certainly would have not gone over to PS4, and now the game has become very interesting indeed. Especially in the US/UK markets.

Pretty much. Great timing from Xbox.

hmm, I dont get how this is a megaton I didnt buy my new gen system to play my old game, I played every game that interest me already from last gen, how come this feature is a system seller or a megaton?

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Woah, the ball is in Sony's court now, this is how you do E3 properly!

Fantastic announcement from MS!

Areym said:
That is fantastic news, honestly. Nintendo and Sony are gonna have a rough time outdoing MS now.

Nintendo already has backward compatibility :S

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.