By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Downloading Bloodborne, 40 GB on PS4, Sony should really compress their games like Steam

The problem is the mass of texture and sound data that barely compresses, and utilizing heavy compression techniques on console would result in any time saved downloading a smaller file, lost waiting for the console to decompress.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Mummelmann said:

I have 250, but I've never seen my PS3 download anything at a speed higher than maybe 3-4MBs, percentage-wise it appears to be utilizing the same bandwidth that my last connection did.

Are you using WiFi? Because that is really slow on PS3.

Usually, yes. I already have a whole mess of cables cluttering up the floors.

Mummelmann said:
OdinHades said:

Are you using WiFi? Because that is really slow on PS3.

Usually, yes. I already have a whole mess of cables cluttering up the floors.

Yeah, that explains it. The PS3 has only WLAN g, which is 54 Mbit/s. Actually 3-4 MB/s are pretty damn good for that standard. The PS4 is way faster, even if it doesn't support 5 GHz networks for whatever reason.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Sony's network is at fault still. I have a 300Mb connection. And use LAN. It's still restrictive. Hell, the what's new page fails to load a lot of times on me. No improvement in syncing speed either. I had a 20Mb connection before. Not much has improved.