By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo and Smash's Latest DLC: Is Sakurai and Nintendo Going Too Far?

Is the DLC too expensive?

Yes 217 66.56%

No 109 33.44%

Total:326

Heya, Cloudman here with a quick thread about the latest Smash Bros DLC content. So news is out that Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are out now to buy, along with a lot of cool extra goods, such as a stage (and more on the way), and mii costumes. I, myself, am really pumped for this news! I want all the characters! However, there is one thing that makes me feel a but sour though...

The prices.

If you were to buy everything, that would close to 30 USDs. That's enough to buy some small downloadable games, or one smaller game. That seems a but expensive if you ask me... And Nintendo has shone they can handle dlc well, with Mario Kart 8's pack, which was a good deal.

Are you feeling Nintendo and Sakurai have gone too far now, or is it not that big of a deal? Are those who don't think so, are you okay with this? Let's discuss!

Poll has been added. Feel free to vote!

Upon request, I`ll put in the prices for the dlc below.

Ryu:    Wii U - $5.99  /  3DS - $5.99  /  Both - $6.99

Lucas:    Wii U - $3.99  /  3DS - $3.99  /  Both -  $4.99

Roy:    Wii U - $3.99  /  3DS - $3.99  /  Both -  $4.99

Dreamland (Stage):    Wii U - $1.99  /  3DS - $1.99  /  Both - $2.99

Isabelle Hat and Costume:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Heihachi Wig and Costume:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Akira Wig and Costume:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Jacky Wig and Costume:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Zero`s Helmet  and Armor:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

MegaMan EXE.`s Helmet and Armor:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Inkling Wig and Costume:    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Inkling Squid Hat (Headgear Only):    Wii U - $0.75  /  3DS - $0.75  /  Both - $1.15

Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #2:    Wii U - $6.00  /  3DS - $6.00  /  Both - $9.20

Collection #2:    Wii U - $21.96  /  3DS - $21.96  /  Both - $29.16

Edit: A misread by me, if you wish to split cost of the dlc for the Wii U and 3DS versions and share codes of the DLC, head over to this link, handled by t3mporary_126.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204232&page=1# Currently locked.

Or if you want to talk about which ones you want and how excited you are for them, head over to here, handled by Ultrashroomz.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204225&page=1#

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

And for the record, I am still buying the characters. It feels too hard to pass on them at least...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I will say it's very different than their approach to Mario Kart DLC, so I certainly won't be buying all of it.

It's a bit much, I'll admit, but I'm still gonna buy it all, regardless.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Too expensive! I really want them, but I have never bought DLC in my life, and these prices definitely aren't really helping me to change my mind.

Around the Network

I don't think so. Except for the Mii's.
Apparently he 'can't' put in many stages so that's good. I imagine maybe 2-3 more old ones + 1 for any newcomers.

I predict 8 DLC characters (4 to go!)........which would be £35 for both versions.

Its way too expensive for what you are getting... Really not a fan at all and I am very disappointed with the prices

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They can make as much DLCs as they want, as long as it is reasonable.
But the price is just way too high. I would consider it, if it was half the price, but I don't even think about buying it for this price.
It is really surprising too, because they have done such a good job with the Hyrule Warriors and MK8 DLCs.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Mii costumes are too much I think, even with the bundles. Stages and characters are fine but it would be nice if they were bundled.

The characters are on the low end of the average you would find in most fighting games so no, they aren't too expensive. Also, theres nothing making you buy them all. Just get the ones that you want to use...