By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon should have been hyped as a single player game....

Never said:

Only played half the single player. It certainly wasn't the best of the game for me. I wish the levels were more challenging. Perhaps slower and more puzzle orientated like captain toad or portal.I'm sure there could have been some good puzzles built with those mechanics. The bosses annd baddie design is good - I'll give it that.

Captain Toad has zero challenge (unless you want to 100% it).
The SP in Splatoon was much better than Captain Toad tbh.

Around the Network

Like MK the multiplayer is the best part and what will keep people coming back in future installments.

Single player is OK. Played it for about 20 minutes before switching over to the multi. Haven't been back since. The game is based around being a multiplayer online shooter.

Which is great that Nintendo finally was willing to take the risk on such a project.

cycycychris said:
While 3/4 of the single player where really fun, but some parts were boring fillers. But that damn final boss was amazing. The single player doesn't get enough love but the online is still the star of this game.

You mean the octoling levels? Agreed. The inkstrike levels were kinda fun at first though.

Samus Aran said:
Never said:

Only played half the single player. It certainly wasn't the best of the game for me. I wish the levels were more challenging. Perhaps slower and more puzzle orientated like captain toad or portal.I'm sure there could have been some good puzzles built with those mechanics. The bosses annd baddie design is good - I'll give it that.

Captain Toad has zero challenge (unless you want to 100% it).
The SP in Splatoon was much better than Captain Toad tbh.

Captain toad was very easy too... But so is this.

I think an easy game with puzzles would have done more for the level design than move from A to B and kill some very easy things. Only the bosses really stand out as good in the splatoon sp.
Captain toads single player was a league a head of the splatoon single player and it's comparativly lazy simplistic level design.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'm pretty far into the mode and it kinda reminds me of Mario Galaxy mixed with Mario Sunshine mixed with crazy. A little more variety and polish and it would be spectacular.

Same feeling I have about the single player, a little more variety and polish and it would have been spectacular.

Splatoon may be lacking in content, but at least it's not a broken, bug riddled, POS of a game. Funny thing, I didn't expect Splatoon to be this good!!

Not bad, but the multiplayer is way better. :D

Actually, the game wasn't going to have singleplayer originally. Similar to Titanfall (correct me please). Until Septrmber-October last year, when Nintendo showed the single player trailer. That's why the main focus has been Multiplayer.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

yeah I love the SP mode and I wish there would have been more levels

their advertisement payed off in big number it seems which I don't think it would have if they advertised the SP more than they did MP

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Isn't the single player story really short though?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54