By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where do you stand on the Compass?

Tagged games:

So what are you?

A freedom-hating Commie. 7 21.88%

A fascist pig. 3 9.38%

A treehugger. 12 37.50%

(offensive Q4 joke) 10 31.25%

Total:32
Aeolus451 said:

That seemed like a loaded question in my opinion. Some of the others seems like that too.

Why can't the interests of trans-national corporations primairly serve humanity or sustain people's quality of life?

It's making it seem like it's a "either or" situation when one is being worded to look bad to fix the outcome. 

Kinda like...

Would you rather be rich and a morally bad person but lonely?

or

Would you rather be a good but poor person who is liked by most?

Also some poor categorization going on.

"Charity is a better means of helping the poor than social security" (or something like that) under "religious questions". Honest mistake, or a false assumption relating to charity and religion?

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Aeolus451 said:

That seemed like a loaded question in my opinion. Some of the others seems like that too.

Why can't the interests of trans-national corporations primairly serve humanity or sustain people's quality of life?

It's making it seem like it's a "either or" situation when one is being worded to look bad to fix the outcome. 

Kinda like...

Would you rather be rich and a morally bad person but lonely?

or

Would you rather be a good but poor person who is liked by most?

Also some poor categorization going on.

"Charity is a better means of helping the poor than social security" (or something like that) under "religious questions". Honest mistake, or a false assumption relating to charity and religion?

It was in the religious part. It reminds me of one those half assed questionare about random things like "What animal are you?" There's a lot of those that don't belong in a questionaire about politics. I think some of them are quotes or opinions of notable politicians. 

"Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all."

"When you are troubled, it's better not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things."

"It's natural for children to keep some secrets from their parents."

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth."

"Astrology accurately explains many things."

"Some people are naturally unlucky."

I am glad that there are quite a few left wing libertarians here!

No big surprises here...

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.92

I must mention I didn't like some of the questions though. I don't feel like they were very carefully crafted, which possibly resulted in those questions leading people to answer in certain ways.

Around the Network

I didn't copy and paste, but I'm very close to Ghandi, though closer to the Libertarian line than he is.