By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So halo 5 will have no splitscreen...

kowenicki said:
ErikaEinhardt said:
... Well fuck, guess Im never playing it then :(
Like seriously as screens have gotten bigger splitscreen has gone away.
I used to play splitscreen on like tiny as fuck 20 inch (probs smaller) screen as a kid, now I cant even do it on a giant ass projector.
*sigh*
Well I guess Im not missing out on much anyway if there last 2 outings are anything to go by.

so you dont play any games that used to have splitscreen but now dont?

No I dont play Halo without splitscreen. I only ever played Halo with my bro, they essentially just asked us to pay twice as much as we used to for the same expirience. Not to mention the hastle of hauling it all around every damn time I wanna play some Halo with him

Around the Network

Thought it was getting 2 player split screen

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Wow, split screen really is dead now. Although I have to admit that I also fall in the crowd where I have no one to play games with in real life in a weekly (and even monthly) basis.

343i killed Halo

I had to say it

Its like FIFA without local multiplayer, it is not possible

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Augen said:

2000 - One system, one game, four controllers = Evening of fun with friends

2015 - Four systems, four games, four controllers and an online connection = Unreliable and less enjoyable evening with friends

Hurray progress.

Don't forget four online subscriptions, and this works only if everybody bought the same system.

Around the Network

My kids always play split screen games. Single player games don't get much attention. Online is not the same, in the same room is 10x more fun than with a stupid headset.

Now tv's are bigger most games should support 4 player split screen. I managed 4 player splitscreen on a 14" tv with Dreamcast's Re-Volt, tons of fun. Oh well, I'll keep playing 4 player split screen Terraria and Minecraft with the kids. I wish PvZ garden warfare had 4 player too.

pbroy said:
Thought it was getting 2 player split screen

For multiplayer there will be split screen.

I don't really care for split screen I always play the single player by myself.

Also I feel this "controversy" reminds me of Titanfalls 6vs6 fiasco.

Proud to be a Californian.

Aerys said:
343i killed Halo

Not true.

Proud to be a Californian.

For what purpose? What is the benefit to removing split-screen? that's pretty dumb