By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So halo 5 will have no splitscreen...

Posting this from my phone so I can't really give a link, but kotaku is reporting that halo 5 is dropping splitscreen from the title. 

As someone who is currently having a blast playing through the mcc with a mate splitscreen, this is a massive blow and really kills all my enthusiasm for halo 5. 

Personally I think this is a terrible decision and the wrong one. 

Around the Network

It's already been established that there is no split screen in halo5.

So I'm horribly late to the party? Lol whoops was the first I heard about it. Lock then if this is common knowledge pls

From what i heard it won't have splitscreen campaign co-op. Or won't it have splitscreen multiplayer either?

Around the Network

the new gens dont give a fck about splitscreen (only wii u).
even the one forza game hasnt local multiplayer. welcome pc 2.0^^

Blob said:
So I'm horribly late to the party? Lol whoops was the first I heard about it. Lock then pls

This is news to me too but that's a shame if true, some of my most fond Halo memories are from splitscreen co-op with friends.

Why would it need split screen? It's 2015. Who even has real friends anymore?

Split screen co-op is about a stupid as a fighting game now a days having local multiplayer. I hope SFV does the smart thing and drops that too.

I mean, really.

I don't know why people are acting like this news is weeks old news, I swear the story broke yesterday or the day before that? lol

I'm terrible at using the search function but I'm pretty sure its already been posted and its specific to co-op or at least thats all thats been confirmed so far. COmpetitive splitscreen should be safe  :)

That's a shame.

It probably won't be something that'll be greatly missed, though.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."