By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R&C PS4 game trailer finally! Also 8 minute gameplay video!

That gameplay trailer looks sooooooo good. I'm gonna have to replay A Crack in Time to make the wait easier.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I got bored with Rachet 'and Clank after the PS2. This looks sexy enough to jump back in again.

Wow! "Diminishing Returns" >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

kitler53 said:
LipeJJ said:
Wow, just wow. Honestly, best graphics this gen so far... everything looks polished and well made. It has a CG feeling to it.

Anyway, the gameplay looks like fun as usual and this will be a day 1 buy for me. I just don't understand why they're revealing it so close to E3...

and this is the meh game that gets announced before E3  because it's not as impressive.

i'm just saying,.. anyone calling this gen of hardware underpowered based on some cross-gen games is going to take it all back and next gen exclusives and late gen titles release.  R&C has always been sexy but never a technical showpiece.  just wait for uncharted 5, GT 7, gears of war 4, ect and so forth.  pure sex.

Agreed, I always say this. Like every gen, graphics will improve as they optmize and learn how to use the hardware better.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Holy shit, the lighting and the effects on the fire looks fucking amazing.

Around the Network

I god yes, my body is ready. Insomniac I love you again.
Seriously, return to glory days right here

Which game will sell better?

Sunset OD or R&C.

Same developer, different platforms.

I'm gonna level with you guys, I've honestly never played a R&C game, but if this is really only $40 I may very well check it out, it's a reboot after all, so I won't miss anything (probably)

DerNebel said:
I'm gonna level with you guys, I've honestly never played a R&C game, but if this is really only $40 I may very well check it out, it's a reboot after all, so I won't miss anything (probably)

Buy. A. Crack. In. Time.

I say this with no exaggeration, it's one of the best PS3 games ever made. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kresnik said:
Yep, that looks like Ratchet & Clank alright.

Very pretty, but I think people are forgetting just how pretty the PS3 games were to be honest. Into the Nexus was stunning (also ran at 30FPS which allowed them to push the graphical boat out).

I can kinda see why they did this before E3, because as much as I love Ratchet, it's not a top-priority franchise for Sony anymore. But I'm glad they're still funding Insomniac to make the games (Sly 5, wru!?)

Anyway, hyped. And will pre-order as soon as available in Shopto!

I think it's more that E3 isn't Insomniac's gig. They've always been a Gamescom company, and Ratchet's always been a Gamescom series. The one time they really went for E3 was OverStrike, and...well...yeah...Plus Sony seems to want to focus hard on 2015 releases at E3, so let's get the easy stuff out of the way now. 

With the movie coming out on top of the game, I'd argue that Ratchet is still very much Sony's main mascot. Nowhere near as recognizable as Mario obviously, but it's the only franchise that Sony (or rather, Insomniac, but you catch my drift) really experiments with while still delivering almost consistently annual experiences. Depending on the marketing push the game and movie get, this should easily sell like crazy and bring in a ton of new fans to the series. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!