By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Sony winning the console war?

?

Marketing 259 26.84%

Fantastic games 207 21.45%

Big N and MS need to do a better job 296 30.67%

Cultists fans 92 9.53%

More mainstream 111 11.50%

Total:965
bigtakilla said:
Nicklesbe said:

Which is why you clearly run screaming from them. Sad you have to hide from reality and ignore the definition. Fact is even Nintendo isn't dumb enough to try and call a handheld device a console. Then again they actually know what they are talking about and have managed to understand basic english.

If running from them means saying facts that cannot be refuted, then yeah, I run all day.

You know all too well that the OP is talking about home consoles. And that home consoles and handhelds are two different markets. You also know all too well that when people say consoles they mean home consoles, not handhelds.

You're just trying to get a rise out of people.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Nicklesbe said:

Which is why you clearly run screaming from them. Sad you have to hide from reality and ignore the definition. Fact is even Nintendo isn't dumb enough to try and call a handheld device a console. Then again they actually know what they are talking about and have managed to understand basic english.

If running from them means saying facts that cannot be refuted, then yeah, I run all day.

Can be refuted and was refuted with Nintendo's own definition of their product as well as the definition of the word which clearly states "as a television". The fact you struggle with understanding English doesn't change those facts. But please continue to go full potato despite being thoroughly proven wrong. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:

You know all too well that the OP is talking about home consoles. And that home consoles and handhelds are two different markets. You also know all too well that when people say consoles they mean home consoles, not handhelds.

Nah he legitimately went full potato and lost all credability as well as his gamer card.

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:

You know all too well that the OP means home consoles. And that home consoles and handhelds are two different markets.

So because I took the OP question literally I am just trying to get a rise out of people. Maybe I'm just taking the question literally. I'm not insulting any product, or insulting any people. The only thing I am saying is that Sony is not winning the console war because it is not.

Nicklesbe said:
Hynad said:

Nah he legitimately went full potato and lost all credability as well as his gamer card.

Usually when people state facts, it gives them credibility. This must be new.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

You know all too well that the OP means home consoles. And that home consoles and handhelds are two different markets.

So because I took the OP question literally I am just trying to get a rise out of people. Maybe I'm just taking the question literally. I'm not insulting any product, or insulting any people. The only thing I am saying is that Sony is not winning the console war because it is not.

I know your contributons on VGC enough to know what your usual game is, Bigtakilla.

bigtakilla said:
Nicklesbe said:

Usually when people state facts, it gives them credibility. This must be new.

Which is why I'm credible and you are a fool. You were disproven. Please show me where Nintendo defines t he 3ds as a console http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/what-is-nintendo-3ds Oh that's right, they don't. Again all you've done is prove you are incapable of understanding english.

bigtakilla said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's not a part of the console market. The vast majority of gamers, bloggers, youtubers and devs consider the markets/devices seperate. It's the same with the handheld and mobile markets. Console, handheld and mobile are different markets. You're the only one conveniently merges them together when it suits your arguement. 

Good for the majority. The facts are it is a console.

You only believe that because it's the only setting or scenario that nintendo can win a console gen consistently.  It doesn't change the fact that it is a different market altogether from the console market which is defined by the video game market itself. 

When devs say a game is being released on consoles only, does that mean it's being released on handhelds, too? No. They specifically mention handhelds when a game is being released on that platform. 

They are two distinct markets and they are treated as seperate catagories of devices. Only in console war type discussions, will a handful of nintendo fans (just you on here) try to say that handhelds are a part of the console market. It is not because the entire video game industry says otherwise.

There's a huge difference between being called a handheld console and being considered a console in the video game market.

MS reputation really took a hit with the no sharing games thing.They were on the back foot from the get go.

Aeolus451 said:
bigtakilla said:

Good for the majority. The facts are it is a console.

You only believe that because it's the only setting or scenario that nintendo can win a console gen consistently.  It doesn't change the fact that it is a different market altogether from the console market which is defined by the video game market itself. 

When devs say a game is being released on consoles only, does that mean it's being released on handhelds, too? No. They specifically mention handhelds when a game is being released on that platform. 

They are two distinct markets and they are treated as seperate catagories of devices. Only in console war type discussions, will a handful of nintendo fans (just you on here) try to say that handhelds are a part of the console market. It is not because the entire video game industry says otherwise.

There's a huge difference between being called a handheld console and being considered a console in the video game market.

Is it a different market? Yes, absolutely. But the question at hand is "Why is Sony winning the console war". Being in two different markets does not negate the fact that they are in fact both consoles.