By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U fails to reach 10 mil by E3

Necroing. Wii U certainly didnt hit 10 million.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Necroing. Wii U certainly didnt hit 10 million.

This thread didn't need a necro. Nothing has changed.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Well what are its current sales? Does anybody know. All I know is Wii u beating Japan since splatoon but we need western figures

Nogamez said:
Well what are its current sales? Does anybody know. All I know is Wii u beating Japan since splatoon but we need western figures

We know its sales in USA. That's it.

GameMasterPC said:
Nogamez said:

What the weeks since splatoon? I know we got 2 days in may NPD. But if like Japan its selling on word of mouth. I can see it been 50k a week for awhile ( I hope)

Around the Network
dhanson said:

The current global sales data on VGChartz is from April 4th, 2015.

IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO REACH WHOEVER UPDATES THE SALES DATA, PLEASE CONTACT THEM...!  I have tried sending emails to Brett Walton (founder of the site) and to the general support email asking for any information on WHEN WILL WE SEE MORE DATA UPDATES.. ??  Has something happend to Brett?...

Why am I not seeing more posts like this? Brett said numbers would return to normal months ago.

ot: but yea I want a Wii u. wish it was selling better. 

Nogamez said:
GameMasterPC said:

What the weeks since splatoon? I know we got 2 days in may NPD. But if like Japan its selling on word of mouth. I can see it been 50k a week for awhile ( I hope)

If VGC updates the charts maybe we'll get to know in October. Till then shipment is all we'll get.

GameMasterPC said:
Nogamez said:

If VGC updates the charts maybe we'll get to know in October. Till then shipment is all we'll get.

Ha I know right by time its Xmas vgc will be like in june. When do they release shipments,?

Nogamez said:
GameMasterPC said:

Ha I know right by time its Xmas vgc will be like in june. When do they release shipments,?

July

Reading through this thread gave me some lulz. Comparing market failures is probably the least productive thing you could do. It is worth noting that the Vita is slowly gaining momentum in Japan, but at the same time, it's dying a painful death in the West with steadily slowing sales from already bad, so I would expect about the same rate of sales to continue to occur. Basically, the Vita is pulling a PSP. Neat, but it doesn't change the fact that the system will never be worth quoting sales numbers for. In the end, comparing it to the Wii U is pointless. It also doesn't account for the fact that the Vita sits in a precarious position where its predecessor wasn't successful, Nintendo dominates the dedicated handheld market, and smart phones certainly have impacted dedicated handheld sales as a whole. The Wii U didn't come with nearly so many handicaps launching a year before its competition, being part of a market where its only real competition is Sony and Microsoft (PC is good, but it really doesn't factor in to the core console gaming audience), and coming after a wildly successful predecessor.

But yeah, they're both failures, so in the end, that's that.

As for the Wii U, I could see it maybe hitting 11m by the end of the year. That seems like a pretty big maybe though with nothing killer like Mario Kart or Smash Bros on the horizon for this year. The 10m by E3 though was certainly highly optimistic. For those saying "but Splatoon", you have to recognize that it is still a new IP and won't have the console moving impact you might expect. It is ultimately part of an over saturated genre as well, just not so much on the Wii U which is why the game has experienced the degree of success that it has.