By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 6 to finally add weather and nighttime racing. Also "1080px"? Oh, and first screens.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Chris Hu said:

The first Forza had night racing.  Horizon 1 and 2 have a day night cycle plus Horizon 2 also has weather (X1 version only).

Then what's the big deal with this game getting it? I'm confused lol

It was missing in Forza 2, 3, 4 and 5.  Although I have no idea why 5 didn't have at least nighttime racing since all the cars have fully working headlights (well all the cars that have headlights there are some open wheel cars that don't have headlights).

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Then what's the big deal with this game getting it? I'm confused lol

It was missing in Forza 2, 3, 4 and 5.  Although I have no idea why 5 didn't have at least nighttime racing since all the cars have fully working headlights (well all the cars that have headlights there are some open wheel cars that don't have headlights).

Ahhh, so it's more like a "return" of features. I get it. Well, I'm glad to hear Forza fans are getting it. Seems weird that it wasn't there all this time. There has to be a logical reason for it.

1080px suggests horizontal is not 1920

AlfredoTurkey said:
Chris Hu said:

Ahhh, so it's more like a "return" of features. I get it. Well, I'm glad to hear Forza fans are getting it. Seems weird that it wasn't there all this time. There has to be a logical reason for it.

Well they didn't wanted to add it because it would have slowed down the frame rate.  I can see that being the case with the rain but nighttime racing really isn't that much more demanding than daytime racing.  Nighttime racing really should have been in all regular Forza games.  Also I'm pretty sure that the cars in the second game are based on the cars from the first game so adding working headlights and night racing wouldn't have been much more work.

GamechaserBE said:
DerNebel said:
GamechaserBE said:
It comes from the Japanese store so it got translation error like the 1080xp and 50fps. I assume it is 60 FPS , well we see soon.

50 fps might be a typo but I'm pretty sure it's not a translation error, how would you mistranslate 60 as 50? :D

Simple I meant to say 60 in Japanese but say 50. 

Because go-ju and roku-ju totally sound the same, right?

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
GamechaserBE said:

Simple I meant to say 60 in Japanese but say 50. 

Well its already been confirmed that it was a typo its not the only one since they also misspelled Daytona.

Please bring Maple Valley back! I loved racing on that track in Forza 4.

Chris Hu said:
Tachikoma said:

Well its already been confirmed that it was a typo its not the only one since they also misspelled Daytona.

I know, but the error is clearly a typo or English to Japanese vocal mistranslation. Japanese to English isn't really a possibility. No Japanese would confuse 50 for 60 and even non Japanese with the most basic grasp of the language would not think roku-ju was go-ju, where as the phonetics on "fifty" and "sixty" are very similar for Japanese listening to american English, so its likely that the mistranslation occurred over the phone or Skype call

jamesmarkus87 said:
Please bring Maple Valley back! I loved racing on that track in Forza 4.

Highly doubt it but it looks like a improved version of the Rio track from the first game will be back I want most of the remaining unknown tracks to be real life racing tracks since going by the third pick they will add a lot more race cars to the game.  Plus Fujimi Kaido trumps Maple Valley even though I suck at drifiting if they bring back any other fantasy track from previous games I would want it to either be Fujimi Kaido or the long version of Rally di Positano from Forza 3.  I'm hoping that some of the real tracks they will bring back are Mugello circuit, Twin Ring Motegi, Suzyka Circuit or Tsukuba Circuit.

AnthonyW86 said:
The 1080px might not be a typo though. For example GT5 ran at 1280x1080. As long as it has a vertical progressive resolution of 1080 it is defined as 1080p. So it could also be something like 1620x 1080.

Doesn't "px" mean pixels as well? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.