By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you actually use your amiibos?

My brother uses mine for Smash, Mario Party and for outfits in Mario Kart. Other than that they just sit on my shelf.

Around the Network

I open them all, my lucario has won amiibo tournaments for me

Occasionally. They sit right next to my computer so I spend a lot of time picking them up and examining the gorgeous details, so I'll count that as getting my money's worth!

My Splatoon Amiibos will be the first ones to get any real use. I don't own smash yet so my Samus, villager and toon Link amiibos basically just sit pretty. I wanted Toad and Ness to join them in their beautiful uselessness but couln't get them without paying scalper prices. I treat them more like collectables but I guess I could scan Samus into Mario Kart....

Nope, they just sit unopened on the shelf looking all pretty. But that's exactly what I expected of them, too.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

I've really only used my Splatoon amiibo and I'll use my Smash amiibos occasionally, but they're mostly for display.

Not really. I'll occasionally fill out an 8-player Smash with amiibo, when we're looking at 5 or 6 real players. That's been the extent of it.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I have about 40 of them still in the package, and I have 7 open that I use with a few games.

Nope.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Not really sadly.