By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pre-NPD: Microsoft Expects To Trail In February

dabaus513 said:
Wheres starcraft to spin this?

He is in my thread. He is saying it's cause everyones waiting for a WW price drop now.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
dabaus513 said:

He is in my thread. He is saying it's cause everyones waiting for a WW price drop now.

Too bad the price drop is EU only.

I'm not seeing a supply constraint this month. If PS3 squeaks out a win for March, then it's definitely a demand related issue. From their comment, it sounds like their analysts have not seen 360 sales where they would like them compared to PS3.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

kingofwale said:
Dolla Dolla said:

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN1224707720080313?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

The software giant also expected that supply problems for the Xbox 360 meant the machine was outsold in the U.S. market by Sony's PlayStation 3 console in February for the second month in a row.

"We definitely expect we will trail in February as a result of our supply constraints," Greenberg said, adding: "By April, we will be in a very healthy inventory situation."

PS3 squeaks out another win?

hmmm, Deja-vu via? January pre-NPD number Microsoft comment?

So... will PS3 outsell 360 in March as well? 

Well they mentioned before the January NPD was released that they would be supply constrained until March, which unfortunately means that Feb. had shortages as well possibly leading to a slight PS3 victory again(Not sure about Wii numbers though). "By April", most likely means during March supply will be back to normal, which it looks like it is this month. March NPD = victory for the 360 (not including the Wii of course)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

does this site correct numbers if theyve been over or undertracked when there is hard evidence such as NPD coming in?

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
does this site correct numbers if theyve been over or undertracked when there is hard evidence such as NPD coming in?

Yes, ioi is pretty good at keeping the numbers as accurate as possible, as soon as possible

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Deviation59 said:
PooperScooper said:
dabaus513 said:

Too bad the price drop is EU only.

Try to understand the concept, perception is everything.  In any case, I didn't say that price drop anticipation had anything to do with February sales.  Pooper was lying when he said that too you (he does that, you know?).  

What I said was that Microsoft said they would sort their supply issues out sometime in March, so why is anyone surprised they affected FEBRUARY'S NPD???? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They expect the same thing for March as well. But for April they expect the complete opposite...

Maybe this announcement is confirmation that a new, improved SKU will be making it's way into customer hands during April for GTA.

Let's read between the lines!

im predicting that in march, april

360boys are going to give the same bullshit about supply constraints.

abut the ps3 victory is inevitable