By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 4 teaser website live, trailer live

what immediately struck me about this is how it looks much "brighter" it looks than previous Fallouts. Colors are more saturated and less grey and brown overall. i wonder if that's a direct response to how so many AAA games are criticized for that now a days. it actually significantly changes the look of the world imo.

i hope this is more on New Vegas level. FO3 was good but holy cow NV just blew it out of the water. i hope Obsidian is doing another FO game.

Around the Network
BasiltheBatLord said:
what immediately struck me about this is how it looks much "brighter" it looks than previous Fallouts. Colors are more saturated and less grey and brown overall. i wonder if that's a direct response to how so many AAA games are criticized for that now a days. it actually significantly changes the look of the world imo.

i hope this is more on New Vegas level. FO3 was good but holy cow NV just blew it out of the water. i hope Obsidian is doing another FO game.

I'm hoping for writing more at the level of Obsidian's work, but the world build quality of Skyrim.  Fallout NV was great and had a lot of interesting situations and characters but the world was weaker than a Bethesda open world.  Basically, the vast bulk of content was tied to the main paths around the world with massive deadzones and even random invissible walls in between.  If this game can solve that with a beter content to space balance while maintaining a higher level of writing like NV, it would be the best of both worlds.  One thing I am excited for is the larger settlements we are already seeing in this early trailer; they look more interesting over all. 

aw geez, I might actually have to upgrade my PC now or get a PS4 to get this..

nice

Ive never played Fallout 3 so now would be a good time.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

zero129 said:
Day 1 buy on PC im sure modders will have this game looking great in no time

i will suggest you to wait the GOTY version with all the DLC, and also STEAM discount will be benefit from this, and you need to wait minimum 2 years to get a good graphic mods.

Around the Network

OMG the Xbone box art is first, Xbox marketing rights confirmed??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Graphics look a little worse than expected but do we really care? We, as gamers, want Fallout.

Hmm, pie.

I think the character models look a bit cartoony, but then it always had a bit of a cartoon weird feeling anyway.

Anyone who says that the graphics are poor or as bad as FO3... obviously have never played FO3 on last gen consoles.... perhaps people should go back and play it, I think they'll then realise they have a bit of rose tinted glasses on.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

HoloDust said:
sc94597 said:
Dang and I thought I was a graphics whore. I cant believe people aren't getting this game because the graphics are average. Seriously...

Silly right? Specially considering that best Fallout games look like this:

Ahh I miss classic Fallout. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Mummelmann said:
Let's just hope they make an effort. I have very low hopes for Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 4; these developers have been selling software based on their name alone lately and don't seem to care as much about the games any longer.

I thought Skyrim and Dragon Age: Inquisition were great games.