By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 reaches 2 million in Japan

Based on the attach rate, I'd say at least 25% of those PS3s are Blu-Ray players only.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
The 2.00M is actually rounded upwards, last week it was at 1.974M, so it will be just around 1.995M this week. So just wait 1 more week for it to really cross the mark.

You are rigth, but they need to celebrate before.

MANUELF said:
koffieboon said:
The 2.00M is actually rounded upwards, last week it was at 1.974M, so it will be just around 1.995M this week. So just wait 1 more week for it to really cross the mark.

You are rigth, but they need to celebrate before.

So what VGChartz rounded it up. I bet it could of crossed 2 million sold in Japan two weeks ago. In all not bad tracking by VGChartz. A tracking site is around 98% accurate with its figures.

Cool I guess. Wish it was alot more.

ps3 will start to sell well eventually in japan.

theres many games coming out in japan that people will jump on aboard, its only a matter of time, i think 3-4million by the end of this year is a great possibility for japan

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

i think that by the end of 2008 there will be 3-3.2mln consoles in japan

But if MGS4 has a big impact , and the price will come down we could see it pass the 3 million untill the end of the year , and afther FFXIII it will skyrocket in sales :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kingofwale said:
Deviation59 said:
Yeah, it should hit 3 million by the end of the year. Still rather pathetic, though. I wonder what it'll take for Japan to embrace the PS3?

FFXIII, GT5, Kingdom Heart, FFXIII, Star Ocean, FFXIII

:)

You forgot FFXIII!

;)

I too think the ps3 will follow the psps footsteps in japan. A slow burn at first but with a redesign (smaller unit and Backwards compatability) with a fair price it could do ok.

well done, PS3. Here is to another 2 million.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.