By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
I think Beam is going to be a flop.

Yeah, as if Twitch wouldn't be already enough to give Beam no chance Youtube Gaming or whatever it's called started also this year so that it's hard to see who would use Beam instead. Maybe a few people will use it and will be happy about a few views but I don't see how it will manage to get a big user- and viewerbase

Around the Network

40k credits! I'll be furious if I amassed all these credits only to find out that I can only buy the UIR packs with cash. I mean I'd still do it but I'd be furious.

If I remember correctly TC already confirmed you can buy UIR packs with coins. And making them $$ only would cause a backslash, people are already upset about microtransactions.

I completed 50 insane waves with lvl5 soldier last night. I don't even have the Hammer of Dawn skill so needless to say I had to be carried. Soldier without HoD is as useless as a guitar without strings 😋 Now I'd like to boost my Engineer.

so how do subs on beam work? Like will everyone be able to have a subscribe button or will it be the same as twitch

AsGryffynn said:
Jazz2K said:

That's nice, can't wait to see a trailer. We are using UE4 for our project and I think it works pretty well. Never tried Cry Engine but didn't know it was free. 

It's really powerful, given the right programmers. My main worry remains most Japanese devs have no idea how to use it. 

Thanks, will check this out when I get some free time. 

Around the Network

Am I the only one who always struggles when it comes to Action Adventure category? The way I view it the majority of games are in this category and many games in other categories overlap into it :P

WoodenPints said:
Am I the only one who always struggles when it comes to Action Adventure category? The way I view it the majority of games are in this category and many games in other categories overlap into it :P

Its like me and rpgs. Every game is a rpg now. They all have level up systems. They count as rpgs to me. Tomb Raider? RPG. Gears 4? RPG. Destiny? RPG. Same with TLOU and many other games.

My external came in! I'm moving everything over. Its nice to finally have space. Any word on how externals will work with Scorpio? I'm hoping that it will be as easy as plugging it into the new machine.

bunchanumbers said:
WoodenPints said:

Its like me and rpgs. Every game is a rpg now. They all have level up systems. They count as rpgs to me. Tomb Raider? RPG. Gears 4? RPG. Destiny? RPG. Same with TLOU and many other games.

Most games are trying to cover as a vast amount of ground as they are able to. Halo itself broke a bit into RPGs. Arguably however, games like Fallout and Skyrim are also First and Third person shooters and FFXV itself originally had an FPS mode for Prompto... 

Then there's the "Zelda's an RPG" tin of worms...