By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Now if only Quarter to Three (are they still alive?) will give it a 1/5 then the whole Metascore will be fucked by two sites lol.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Last time Microsoft got a 90+ game was Forza Motorsport 4 and Gears of War 3 (Released in the same year)

...If Horizon 3 stays 90+, pressures on Coalition to repeat that

Though I think Gears 4 will get a lot more "hasn't changed enough" and kill it's chances at 90+

Yep, even some Forza Horizon 3 reviews complain already about that and we talk about a racing game where you can't change that much.  Gears already started early last gen and you could arguably change much more in such a game. Some reviewers will destroy it for that or at least give it some points less. If it will also have some story flaws or other issues I don't see how it will come close to a 90. 

crissindahouse said:
Ryuu96 said:
Last time Microsoft got a 90+ game was Forza Motorsport 4 and Gears of War 3 (Released in the same year)

...If Horizon 3 stays 90+, pressures on Coalition to repeat that

Though I think Gears 4 will get a lot more "hasn't changed enough" and kill it's chances at 90+

Yep, even some Forza Horizon 3 reviews complain already about that and we talk about a racing game where you can't change that much.  Gears already started early last gen and you could arguably change much more in such a game. Some reviewers will destroy it for that or at least give it some points less. If it will also have some story flaws or other issues I don't see how it will come close to a 90. 

Ya I always get a good laugh when racing games get docked points for being "more of the same." I mean what are they gonna do? There's only so many things you can add to a racing game before you start turning it into GTA or something lol.

crissindahouse said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yep, then a 4/10 comes along (not even kidding) knew it would happen xD

Hopefully it still has a chance at 90+

Yeah, some sites are just ridiciulous, always trying to be "that one" who say the opposite of everyone else just to get clicks. 

Hopefully no death threats 😂

If I get GoW 4 on PC I get it on xbox as well right? Or have they not started that?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Natsu said:
If I get GoW 4 on PC I get it on xbox as well right? Or have they not started that?

Yeah you'll have it on both whether you buy it from the Xbox Store or Windows Store, Play Anywhere started with Recore.

Awesome getting it with my graphics card but my computer isn't gonna be done till december or so. GoW 4 looks good but I'm so bad at gears of war XD

Forza is killing it when it comes to reviews.

I also agree with crissindahouse regarding the Minecraft bundle. Microsoft should've made a custom X1S for it, wasted opportunity there, Microsoft.

Also YES a 90 plus meta for an Xbox exclusive game!!!

Now it's Gears 4's turn to get a 90+.

Proud to be a Californian.

Penello made it clear that devs can almost do whatever they want with the extra power in that interview..

MS's own studios seem to push for 4k native but that doesn't mean that they won't give people with 1080p screens also better graphics if they will buy the Scorpio.

I mean, it would be pretty dump from the devs if they would work on a version for Scorpio but would still offer the exact same experience as on XBO or XBO S except for higher resolution. To give those who play in 1080p some better settings and stuff should be normal (like an increase from normal to ultra settings on PC)

They already have that and only have to decrease it for XBO. It's not really as if they would have to develop the whole game twice. 

This part is interesting

Scorpio obviously will have a more powerful spec, but won't PS4 Pro always be cheaper? Scorpio has a bigger processor, more RAM, potentially a 4K Blu-ray drive - that can't be cheap. I get the sense it's already being billed as a premium product. Won't you run up against a tough comparison next year when Scorpio is more expensive than PS Pro?

Albert Penello: Well, we haven't announced the price yet, so we'll see.

Sure, but the expectation is PS4 Pro will be cheaper than Scorpio, right?

Albert Penello: It will be an interesting discussion next time we chat!