By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Allready have the Halo 5 Xbox, but looking forward to the Slim reveal, I mean it HAS to come in the 3rd year.

Great to know Gears maps are free and microtransactions are all cosmetic.

MS is onto something, let the soiled kids buy stuff and fund the DLC for the rest of us. ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

70-80GB space... heavy load for GEOW 4. More than all the others Gears together.

Also that season pass horrible, a lot of maps but only for a year :s.

shikamaru317 said:
DeusXmachina said:

So, do you get a romanian accent immediately after becoming a vampire? XD

Yeah, that's a little silly. She's supposed to be Maya's sister, but Maya is South American, so Mira wouldn't have a Romanian accent. Maybe they're supposed to be half sisters? 

They've said they're twin sisters so I guess this is just a silly mistake from Iron Galaxy.

Too bad she doesn't get her own stage. A medieval castle or something like that would look really nice.

Zappykins said:
darkenergy said:

No problem

Awe, I really wanted Nightmare, but someone's already got it.

Enjoy the game buddy!

PS thanks for sharing your codes!

No problem, I already have these so I decided to share them here but I wonder who took American Nightmare.

Proud to be a Californian.

WoodenPints said:
shikamaru317 said:

The thing is, all 3 companies are rumored to be switching to mid-gen upgrades in the future. Sony has PS4K "Neo", Nintendo patented what they call a supplemental computing device which will likely be used to boost NX power in a few years, and MS is rumored to be testing multiple Xbox prototypes with PC-like upgrades.  If all 3 companies do it, gamers are forced to pick one of the 3, or switch to PC (but let's face it, most console gamers aren't going to switch to PC). Much like PC gamers were mainly forced to accept DRM, console gamers will be forced to accept console upgrades because there won't be any viable alternatives.  

I think console upgrades are defiantly the future but a potential NEO coming this November isn't a very good idea imo and is a way for Sony to slow down the momentum that they have built on from the PS4 launch/Microsoft dropping (probably) the biggest bollock in gaming history which as lead to the PS4 been almost unstoppable. By the time this upgraded console releases there base userbase will be a 50m+ and has the potential to create a lot of unhappy and disgruntled customers and get a similar reaction as Microsoft got 3 years ago.

This also would give Microsoft a potential launch window of 2017(2018 at the very latest for next Xbox imo) for a new Xbox console with full X1 BC that would eclipse the specs of the NEO and announcing from the get go that they will offer upgrade pack every 3 years with plans to always support the 2 more recent spec console/upgrade packs  giving each piece of hardware a guaranteed 6 year life span (Example.. Xbox 2.0 - 2017, Xbox 2.1 2020, Xbox 2.2 2023 this year support for the 2.0 retires after a 6 year lifespan)

A large part of me thinks that Sony are reacting to the impending NX and want to be able to carry on saying that they have the "most powerful console in the world " but could potentially leave them in a dark place come 2017 and could actually have the lowest spec console of the 3 whislt also loosing a lot of customer trust and bad PR through NEO.

I would also think 90% of people who say they will go to PC gaming if this happens wouldn't and just say they would. I became 50/50 PC/console last gen and committing fully to just staying with console in the future gen but if I know there will be upgrade cycles on a 3 year basis you know what your getting into and people would accept it.

Obviously this is all based on speculation and the NEO may never come to exist or Microsoft could spring out an upgraded console at the same time mas Sony along with something wacky and low spec from Nintendo.

Yeah i think a new Xbox 2017 would be ideal, and it could give them a real edge. PS4 Neo only has an gpu upgrade and a slight overclock in cpu and memory speed. It still uses the very weak AMD Jaguar cores wich also limits the maximum clockspeed and without a significant RAM increase native 4K is not possible. A new Xbox in 2017 with atleast an equal to PS4N gpu but also with double the ram and a more advanced cpu would take away any limiting factors the current gen has. And since Sony just launch the PS4N the year before, they can't respond with a PS5. Also devs can't really take advantage of the extra gpu horsepower in the PS4N because they are bound to the original PS4.

However that's also the reason why i think an upgradable console is a bad idea. Devs can't take full advantage of the upgrades the first few years without the upgrade becoming mandatory.

4 years first party support and then 1 or 2 years of multi-platform games is fine i think.

Around the Network

I think this year Xbox One will sell the most, peak year, with the Slim and price reduction. Next year they will announce the successor with holiday 2018 release date.
It will end up selling 40-50 million.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I think this year Xbox One will sell the most, peak year, with the Slim and price reduction. Next year they will announce the successor with holiday 2018 release date.
It will end up selling 40-50 million.

No one announces consoles that early any more. Announcing a successor next year would kill XB1 sales.

shikamaru317 said:
^Not going to lie, it took me a solid 30 seconds to spot the difference between the two xD

I can't see it ;~;

Oh it's just a longer sleeve..? The crap? XD

Only a true gamer sees the difference between 1080p and 900p but doesn't spot different outfits 😎