By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh well wanted to play this saturday evening some gears in a party:

We're narrowing down the cause of Party/Friends issues & investigating fixes. Status here: Damned MS :(.

Around the Network

Escalation mode sounds promising but sounds like it will be sniperfest with longshots placed near spawn

MS has several intriguing options for revisions and new consoles right now.

There are 3 reasonable options for a slim.
1. Die shrink with no changes and price drop to $249
2. Die shrink, turn on additional 2 CU, upgrade to faster DDR4 memory, and up the upclock 2.1 Ghz
a. This should be more than sufficient to have a slight performance edge on PS4 and have support a consistent 1080P at $279
3. Update GPU to Polaris 11 (20 CU), keep esRAM, 2.1 GHz system clock, and switch to GDDR5x at 320 GB/s
a. This would be substantially better than the PS4, capable of 1080p60 and 1440p30, $299
All of the slims should have a flash-based, digital only version for $50 cheaper

For XB2 there are lots of options, some of which depend on which version of the slim they use.
If they select 1 above, then it may be prudent to offer a Polaris 10 this year. If they go with 2, then they could offer a Polaris 10 or wait. If they go with 3, then they should likely wait for Vega and HBM2.
1. Polaris 10 at $399 this fall
a. 36 CU, 8GB GDDR5x at 320 GB/s, possibly esram if needed, 12-16 2.1 GHz jaguar, System clock at 1050 / 2100
i. Performance equivalent to 3.7 TF (36 CU at 800) X 1050 mhz / 800 mhz X 1.4 increase in IPS = ~ 6.7 TF (4.9) equivalents of existing console performance
ii. Maybe something like 12 jags for games and 4 jags plus 4 GB lpDDR4 for system
iii. 4K capable
2. Polaris 10 at $499 this fall
a. Same as above but up memory to 12GB @ 480 GB/s, up CU to 54, zen cores, ~ 10 TF equivalent
b. Crush 4K at 60 FPS
3. Wait for Vega next fall at $499
a. 16 GB HBM2, 72 CU, Zen, 12 TF actual, 16 TF GCN 1.1 equivalents

The maps rotation is strange, so they can cut out maps and you will never play them again? Except if you buy them.

Versus_Evil said:

Anybody else picking up Party Hard next week? The trail is really good.

Also Stranger of Sword City trail is like 8hrs long. Pretty decent game. If it goes on sale I'll get it, £27 is alot.

I see you changed your avatar... do you play the game with the world's worst RNG (even worse than H5)?

Around the Network

I bet the new XBOXs will just be equivalent to steam machines. Have them actually run PC games and offer a ymmv XB1 emulator for them.

Versus_Evil said:

Anybody else picking up Party Hard next week? The trail is really good.

Also Stranger of Sword City trail is like 8hrs long. Pretty decent game. If it goes on sale I'll get it, £27 is alot.

Yeah, stranger of sword city looks good but no way im paying that much for it.

That season pass is trash.

NobleTeam360 said:
That season pass is trash.

Agreed unless you plan to host private matches it's not really worth it.

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHqhxGE-IyA

So, do you get a romanian accent immediately after becoming a vampire? XD