By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Bethesda Working on Three New Games

Written Friday, February 19, 2016 By Lee Bradley

Bethesda Game Studios is working on three new games that they describe as "different than things we've done before." That’s according to Bethesda Game Studios director Todd Howard, who revealed the info during the DICE conference yesterday.

"We actually have three kind of longer term projects we're doing that are all - we'll talk about them at a future date - but they're different than anything we've done before, while also being a Bethesda-style game," said Howard

These three games are all new IP and Howard describes them as "big and crazy, but in many ways different than things we've done before. It's an exciting time."

"We are busier now than we have ever been," added Howard, noting that the studio is also working on therecently announced slate of upcoming Fallout 4 add-ons. One of those add-ons, Far Harbour, contains the "largest landmass" ever created as DLC for a Bethesda game, said Howard.

There’s no guarantee that we’ll see any of these new games during Bethesda’s pre-E3 conference in June this year, however. During the DICE interview, Howard was keen to point out that Fallout 4’s late announcement (just 6 months before the release of the game) worked out very well for Bethesda.

That said, with just DOOM, Dishonored 2, the Fallout DLC, a free-to-play PC game and an Elder Scrolls collectible card game spin-off in the works, Bethesda is going to have to bring something new to its E3 conference or risk disappointment. All eyes on E3 2016 then.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-23277-Bethesda-Working-on-Three-New-Games.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-

Three new IP? Nice but I hope Elder Scrolls 6 isn't too far away, I have no interest in ESO and I won't be getting into it at this point lol

Hopefully MS secures advertisement rights for those games.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Damn, Gears 4 and Quantum Break are going at it on the poll with QB getting the upper hand.

Proud to be a Californian.

For any of you that are interested to work in the games industry come to Montreal. We have so many gaming studios in here it's incredible. Bethesda is one of these studios. I'm currently thinking about migrating into one of those.

shikamaru317 said:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments might be free for Xbox Live Gold members next month

Jonathan

Feb 18, 2016

According to one of our community members on Twitter, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments might be part of the March Games with Gold lineup. Below is a screenshot of the tweet we were mentioned in.

We should also point out that the above image could be tampered with using Photoshop, so nothing is official at this time. Within the next week or so we should receive the official lineup from Major Nelson's blog.

What do you think of the potential leak? Let us know in the comments below.

Edit: The other 3 games are supposedly Borderlands, Supreme Commander 2, and Lords of the Fallen.

Sounds way too good to be true.

2 retail games for Xbox One?

Started playing Fallout 4 after finishing The Witcher first DLC.
The game is very slow when I click start/menu bottom. I thought they would solve most of the silly problems three months after they released it.

Around the Network

shikamaru317 said:
3 games in development at Bethesda's 2 studios. I'm sure one is TES 6 of course. Wonder what the other 2 are? Some people are speculating Skyrim or Fallout 4 remakes for next gen, but that sounds kind of doubtful to me. New IP probably.

Fallout and The Elder Scrolls designer Todd Howard teased three new projects from Bethesda Game Studios during his talk at this week's DICE Summit, saying the in-development titles are different from what the studio has created before.

That said, Howard hinted that the projects likely won't be revealed publicly any time soon.

"We actually have three longer-term projects that are all — we'll talk about them at a much future date — they're different from anything we've done before while also being a Bethesda style game: big and crazy," Howard said, "but in many ways different from what we've done before."

Bethesda is currently working on a trio of downloadable add-ons for Fallout 4and overhauling the game's survival mode. Changes to survival mode, Howard said, has resulted in "some of the most fun I've had in the game."

While Bethesda is working to expand Fallout 4 over the next three months and throughout the rest of the year, Howard believes players haven't found everything there is to find in the massive open-world game. He said there's something squirreled away "in a terminal somewhere" that he hasn't seen players talk about yet.

Article: http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/18/11054262/bethesda-unannounced-projects-todd-howard

It soulds to me like the 3 unannounced projects are not Elder Scrolls related but I also think a Elder Scrolls 6 is in development along with the 3 gamnes they mentioned.

Ryuu96 said:

Social CTF? I don't fcare about social but I love CTF glad they finally made a perm playlist for it

Anyone know why 343 haven't added any more achievements to Halo 5 ? Considering MCC had 4000 and got an.extra 2000 added.

I love the mp but it would be nice to have a few achievements to aim for it??seems crazy they haven't added any at all considering how often they update it?

Do they have plans to add any do we know?

I haven't played Halo 5 for a long while now. Achievements would definitely attract me back to it and it sucks they haven't added any.

AW: American Nightmare BC was a pleasant surprise! I didn't even remember I bought it years ago and never had time play it. I just downloaded it, MS is really doing amazing job with X1 atm 😏