By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
KOTOR 3, Lost Odyssey 2, Alan Wake 2, Sunset Overdrive 2, a Cry On revival, Phantom Dust reboot revival, Crimson Dragon 2, a new Conker, a Perfect Dark reboot.

Add Tales of Vesperia 2 and we have my favorite games lineup. Seriously, that was the true game that initiated the Xbox 360's big push into Japan before they aborted it! 200,000 units sold in Japan, the vast majority system sellers, in a series that recently averages 500,000 sales over there... it was literally the first big JRPG on the X360...

And with where the Tales of series is headed, I believe Microsoft can't hurt the brand more than it already is, so they should fund it, specially since they are among the least expensive JRPGs to fund short of the Persona and Ys series...

On other stuff, am I the only one who thinks 343 should make an RPG? After playing Halo 5's campaign again, the gorgeous visuals, huge environments, the Warzone's UI and Halo's own innovations (regenerating health), I think they could make a killer open world RPG for the XONE. If so, I could totally see it rivalling Final Fantasy, at least in appearances...

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:

Add Tales of Vesperia 2 and we have my favorite games lineup. Seriously, that was the true game that initiated the Xbox 360's big push into Japan before they aborted it! 200,000 units sold in Japan, the vast majority system sellers, in a series that recently averages 500,000 sales over there... it was literally the first big JRPG on the X360...

And with where the Tales of series is headed, I believe Microsoft can't hurt the brand more than it already is, so they should fund it, specially since they are among the least expensive JRPGs to fund short of the Persona and Ys series...

On other stuff, am I the only one who thinks 343 should make an RPG? After playing Halo 5's campaign again, the gorgeous visuals, huge environments, the Warzone's UI and Halo's own innovations (regenerating health), I think they could make a killer open world RPG for the XONE. If so, I could totally see it rivalling Final Fantasy, at least in appearances...

I like that there is a studio created for Halo but yes I would have them create an rpg/adventure game... not sure I would want it a medieval setting though. 

I want Microsoft to buy feelplus and Green light a lost odyssey 2 . I would even buy a remaster of lost odyssey, Infinite undiscovery, blue dragon without a second thought

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

It's sad MS doesn't seem to grasp the value of jrpgs. I don't like most of them design and execution wise but they had a strong lineup last gen and I think they are making a mistake by not following.

shikamaru317 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Yeah, I miss Tales on Xbox. Namco Bandai is wierd, they've been putting alot of their games on XB1, but not Tales, despite the fact that Vesperia sold quite well on 360 last gen.

You're definitely not alone in wanting a Halo RPG, me and alot of others want one as well.

You can thank Hideo Baba for that one... back when Kikuchi and Higuchi were in charge of Tales studio, they were thinking on pushing the series into multiplatform territory, like Square Enix did when Yoichi Wada was in charge... then they dissolved the studio, Baba took the reins and well...

And not necessarily a Halo RPG, just one developed by 343i. If I am right, what they lack in storytelling they have in graphics and gameplay muscle...

Around the Network

But Halo is strong on story telling. I think the ODSTs would fit perfectly for a Mass Effect like game.

Jazz2K said:
AsGryffynn said:

I like that there is a studio created for Halo but yes I would have them create an rpg/adventure game... not sure I would want it a medieval setting though. 

It doesn't have to take place in a medieval setting. Just a game that has third person and more than guns and allows us to explore the setting sounds nice...

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
I want Microsoft to buy feelplus and Green light a lost odyssey 2 . I would even buy a remaster of lost odyssey, Infinite undiscovery, blue dragon without a second thought

Rather easy for them, since it's a rather cheap studio. Might as well buy Game Arts as well. Cheap as bacon and has Grandia with them...

Jazz2K said:
It's sad MS doesn't seem to grasp the value of jrpgs. I don't like most of them design and execution wise but they had a strong lineup last gen and I think they are making a mistake by not following.

Indeed. I don't want an avalanche of RPGs like the Sony consoles, since a lot of the good ones are overlooked, but a few sound nice...

AsGryffynn said:

Jazz2K said:

Indeed. I don't want an avalanche of RPGs like the Sony consoles, since a lot of the good ones are overlooked, but a few sound nice...

I agree. Too many reduces the visibility of the great ones. 

Jazz2K said:

Looking abck at the PS1/PS2 days it would be almost impossible to name a JRPG I havn't played since it they were all I ever played back then and they were that good back then but now since we had 2007/2008 as the last "glory days" that the JRPG genre had and it was on a Xbox system since then the genre has really gone downhill fast imo with the genre basically been butcherd into a moe fanservice pantsu genre. 

But 2016 does also look the strongest year for JRPG's since the 07/08 I mentioned and more on the old school and traditional sense along with some good budgets and MS should definatly do soemthing to bring them to Xbox as they are all third party, Hell send a team over or fund the studios to port the PS4 version to Xbox One themselves.

WoodenPints said:
Jazz2K said:

Looking abck at the PS1/PS2 days it would be almost impossible to name a JRPG I havn't played since it was that good back then but now since we had 2007/2008 as the last "glory days" that the JRPG genre had and it was on a Xbox system since then the genre has really gone downhill fast imo with the genre basically been butcherd into a moe fanservice pantsu genre. 

But 2016 does also look the strongest year for JRPG's since the 07/08 I mentioned and more on the old school and traditional sense along with some good budgets and MS should definatly do soemthing to bring them to Xbox as they are all third party, Hell send a team over or fund the studios to port the PS4 version to Xbox One themselves.

This. The reason they don't create a XONE version is that porting might cost them. If MS offered to port the game themselves or funded the porting, they'd not care... Type 0 sold horribly even on the PS4, so the low XONE sales are to blame on the game itself rather than the console... hell, the PS4 version sold what the PSP version sold in one country IN NA AND THE EU! That's just awful...

And... regarding the fanservice bit...