By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Black Friday starts early.

Xbox One X Gears 5 bundle for 270€ (technically 275€ since Gears 5 is rated 18 and Amazon likes to rip customers off)
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07VPD741S?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&ascsubtag=O9d3h-Aa_OGqzA72JBKlAA&th=1&psc=1

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Xbox One X Gears 5 bundle for 270€ (technically 275€ since Gears 5 is rated 18 and Amazon likes to rip customers off)
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07VPD741S?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&ascsubtag=O9d3h-Aa_OGqzA72JBKlAA&th=1&psc=1

Awesome price! Even GOW 1 Ultimate Edition, GOW 2, GOW 3 and GOW 4 are included.

Barozi said:

Shows up at 379 for me? Has the deal not started yet or instantly sold out? 270 would be an absolute steal :)

On another note Amazon have GamePass Ultimate on 3 months+ 3 months free across US/UK/DE/FR from what I checked if anyone needed some time.

WoodenPints said:
Barozi said:

Shows up at 379 for me? Has the deal not started yet or instantly sold out? 270 would be an absolute steal :)

On another note Amazon have GamePass Ultimate on 3 months+ 3 months free across US/UK/DE/FR from what I checked if anyone needed some time.

A few minutes ago it was 270 €, now it is 379 €... so they fixed the pricing error (and will probably cancel the orders they got meanwhile or a few people get lucky). 

Conina said:
WoodenPints said:

A few minutes ago it was 270 €, now it is 379 €... so they fixed the pricing error (and will probably cancel the orders they got meanwhile or a few people get lucky). 

nah the seller was Amazon and it's simply sold out. 379€ is the cheapest offer from the next seller.
It was sold out in approx. 30 minutes. (basically got mydealzed)

Last edited by Barozi - on 27 October 2019

Around the Network

Did not know that Certain Affinity opened a second studio in Toronto this year and that they released info on their new game named Last Expedition a co-op sci-fi FPS.

So right now they basically have 3 teams the main studio that is nearly 200 devs that is developing a Transformers game being backed by Leyou and the original IP Last Expedition with CA Toronto who will be approx 60 devs supporting. Now I want MS to get even more.

https://www.certainaffinity.com/certain-affinity-announces-the-creation-of-a-new-toronto-studio/

Them All Access options are pretty good with 0% interest you can get the One X package spread across 24 months for cheaper than it actually costs to buy 24 months of Gamepass Ultimate and the console at the moment.

I'm not sure how the Scarlett upgrade option works do you pay 12 months at £24.99 then upgrade to a Scarlett and just pay the 2nd 12 months at 24.99? That sounds like a crazy deal if that's how it works.

Leyou being a chinese company complicates things. They probably prefer to give everything to another chinese company(Tencent).

Maybe Tencent won't be interested in Splash Damage because they're a support studio but i think it's more likely they'll go independent and just help on some xbox games.

shikamaru317 said:
So, based on that All Access pricing. 24 months at $31 a month comes out to $744 dollars. The price of 24 months of Gamepass Ultimate normally is $360. So that works out to paying $384 to get an XB1 X now and a Scarlett on launch. Damn good deal imo. It also seems to suggest that MS might be aiming for $400 for Scarlett's price, if they're aiming for $500 on Scarlett then they are losing money on this deal for sure.

No, you pay $744 dollars for the XB1 X + 24 months Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. There ain't a Scarlett included in this price, you only get an upgrade option for an unknown upgrade price.

If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $299, you pay $1043 in total. If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $249, you pay $993 in total. If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $249, you pay $943 in total.

On the other hand if you buy an Xbox One X for $299 on Black Friday + 2 years XBL Gold for 2x $60, then upgrade it to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate for one buck (activate XBL Gold + the upgrade on a secondary account and use it with the main account), you pay $420 instead of $744. 

If the Scarlett costs $499, you pay $919 in total and have a 1 year old  Xbox One X to sell for $150 - $200. That brings the costs down to $719 - $769 instead of $943 - $1043.

So no... it ain't a good deal.

Conina said:
shikamaru317 said:
So, based on that All Access pricing. 24 months at $31 a month comes out to $744 dollars. The price of 24 months of Gamepass Ultimate normally is $360. So that works out to paying $384 to get an XB1 X now and a Scarlett on launch. Damn good deal imo. It also seems to suggest that MS might be aiming for $400 for Scarlett's price, if they're aiming for $500 on Scarlett then they are losing money on this deal for sure.

No, you pay $744 dollars for the XB1 X + 24 months Xbox Gamepass Ultimate. There ain't a Scarlett included in this price, you only get an upgrade option for an unknown upgrade price.

If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $299, you pay $1043 in total. If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $249, you pay $993 in total. If the upgrade from the used Xbox One X to a new Scarlett costs $249, you pay $943 in total.

On the other hand if you buy an Xbox One X for $299 on Black Friday + 2 years XBL Gold for 2x $60, then upgrade it to Xbox Gamepass Ultimate for one buck (activate XBL Gold + the upgrade on a secondary account and use it with the main account), you pay $420 instead of $744. 

If the Scarlett costs $499, you pay $919 in total and have a 1 year old  Xbox One X to sell for $150 - $200. That brings the costs down to $719 - $769 instead of $943 - $1043.

So no... it ain't a good deal.

You're using absolute best case scenario options there for the discrete purchases options. Ultimately I expect the deals on getting Ultimate to slow down. I can see how in the US and the UK this could be a good deal, though thats heavily dependent on what the upgrade options looks like. I note it says 'after 18 payments.' It also says after 12 payments for those who sign up before the end of the year. If that means you pay a slightly higher subscription but not a significant one of payment for Scarlett, that would be an awesome deal.

Unfortunately in Australia, they've fundamentally gimped the deal. Unlike the other countries, they've tied it to a Telco. Telstra is far and away our most expensive provider of phone and internet services, and you have to be an existing customer of theirs to take up the deal. The base pricing isn't too bad. When you consider how crap our exchange rate is at the moment its a reasonable proposition. But the deal is dead on arrival for anyone that doesn't already have a (likely business-related) reason to be on a Telstra plan.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS