Ghostbusters
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Singularity
Dante's Inferno
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (no joke)
*Eternal Sonata
The Saboteur
*Asura's Wrath

I already own the ones I bolded, you just reminded me to pick up Catherine I can’t believe it slipped my mind.

* are the ones I was already planning to pick up.

The Saboteur I have seen being recommended by a bunch of people so I guess I’ll pick it up. I kind of forgot about the Darkness so I’ll check it out. Games that are getting remasters I’ll pick up on the Xbox One.

Around the Network

The darkness was a great game but the shooting can feel so outdated now...lucky how more you play how less you need guns..

The saboteur...play it...finish it...And you will be depressed how good the game is and their will be no new one...

Splash Damage and Digital Extremes might be worth going after especially Splash Damage.

Speaking of Splash Damage has anyone here played Brink? How is the Single player and is worth it to get it on the cheap?

Sounds more like they want to sell as one rather than each studio separately and I dunno if Splash damage would really be a good buy for MS they have over 300 currently and have been supporting lately other than Gears Tactics and that would make them the largest company by far compared to all the others acquired. Digital Extremes is probably the most valuable studio in there with Warframe hitting 100k peak daily players between their own client+Steam and whatever it gets on console and it wouldn't surprise me to see Tencent get them.

Around the Network

Finally killed the Enderdragon yesterday. Whoo!

Also last night I was supposed to try The Outer Worlds and go to sleep early. Ended up playing until 4am.. how cool is it to have Obsidian developing games for Xbox?

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:
Sounds more like they want to sell as one rather than each studio separately and I dunno if Splash damage would really be a good buy for MS they have over 300 currently and have been supporting lately other than Gears Tactics and that would make them the largest company by far compared to all the others acquired. Digital Extremes is probably the most valuable studio in there with Warframe hitting 100k peak daily players between their own client+Steam and whatever it gets on console and it wouldn't surprise me to see Tencent get them.

That seems to be what they want but they may not have a choice, it's common for a company selling to sell off individual parts of itself, I can't see Tencent wanting Splash Damage as they don't fit into their portfolio at all, especially with essentially being a Microsoft assistance studio for the past 5 years, and with Leyou wanting to sell Microsoft might be able to get them cheaper.

They've been a vital studio for Gears, I'd say Microsoft's most important assistance studio, Idk if they want to risk losing that, I think Digital Extremes will definitely be purchased by Tencent, I don't really want Microsoft to get into a bidding war with Tencent though, I mean, Microsoft could win but at a large cost.

From my personal viewpoint I think they would be a good get there development on Gears UE and 4 were quite vital but from what they would likely end up paying I think would be to much for a support studio with no IP value and they would cost quite a lot more than all any of the previous studios especially with it been another company wanting to sell them rather than them been independent or needing money to be saved.

It does fit the bill of been a studio previously involved in Xbox projects but at 300+ staff it would make them one of Microsoft's biggest with only 343 been bigger. Maybe MS see some good potential there for a new AAA IP team already set up or maybe a support studio across all XGS to cut down on required recruiting across other studios.

Maybe I'm overestimating what they would end up costing and they would be a good get for cheap I dunno :D

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 26 October 2019

About Splash Damage.. Gears 5 matchmaking currently has plenty of issues and TC said they're working on fixes. Gears 4 also had issues.

Batman: Arkham Origins matchmaking was literally broken. Iirc it took months until 360 players were able to play multiplayer and ps3 was never fixed.

I don't know. Maybe they'd improve under Microsoft.

edit. What I'm saying is I've questioned their competence since Batman. They might have done good job with some other games but that was such a shitstain. Surprised they have so many employees.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 26 October 2019

Also just remembered that Leyou has a 20% stake with an option of buying all shares for under 150 mill in Certain Affinity and they are currently developing an original game for them.

This is a big opportunity for MS to step in and takeover, I have wanted them to buy CA for a long time.

http://www.siliconhillsnews.com/2017/10/17/austin-game-maker-certain-affinity-lands-10-million-investment-hong-kong-firm/

I wanted to remind you all, that currently the sign-up for the annual greatest game event is open. Each year the participants post their personal top 50 games at the last 50 days of the year - each day one game. Starting with #50 at November 12th and ending with the #1-game on December 31st. mZuzek compiles an overall list in the new year of the entries. So if you wanna inject some XBox-games into the running, go to the thread, sign up and compile a list:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241130

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]