By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

I was surprised to see that 100% completion doesn't take that long... for an RPG that is.
Guess the 3x speed really helps a lot.

I'm just an hour in but I'm not really feeling it. I can definitely see why it was groundbreaking back then but it hasn't aged well. Gameplay is slow, 3D graphics are of course terrible, 2D backgrounds look good but are difficult to navigate. I like the smooth transition from FMV to gameplay though.
The story still has a chance to win me over but other than that I'm more looking forward to playing Tales of Vesperia DE which I also bought recently (far too many games, please kill me)

Other than that I bought FFVII with MS rewards money, so it's not that much of a waste.

Increase Your Gamerscore in 10 Days (September 19 – September 28) – Up to 10,000 points
Earn one Microsoft Rewards point per Gamerscore point increase
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/09/18/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-september-wave-2/#HLcY6P5H09AObpGX.99

Seems made for you.

Thanks for the info! 10k Gamerscore in 10 days is a lot though. I'm averaging about 11k/month.
However I still have some easy games left and my last day of work is on the 24th so I might be able to do it. Either way I'll gladly take as much as I can achieve.

My wife also helps me getting points on her account. I have tons of ~10-30min for 1000 GS games that I already finished on my account, so I will easily get 10k points on her account.
So possibly 20k points, which is €25 in real money when using the offer to redeem a code for 4k instead of 5k points.

Around the Network

The more I play Gears 5, the more I feel like the 8.5 average score is pretty accurate. The story is really good, has the same solid gameplay from the series we've come to expect but that doesn't warrant a 90+ score imo. I personally would give the game an 8.5, which is a fantastic score imo. Idk who these people are that think anything that doesn't do 90+ is bad, plus the scores the game received is irrelevant if you yourself love the game and think it's a perfect 10/10 game.

Anyway, Gamepass additions look really good like usual. I was on the fence about buying Bloodstained and now I can play it through gamepass, jump force I've heard is pretty bad but I'll give it a play regardless.

konnichiwa said:
starcraft said:

Please let us know how it is. I read all the old books and am wondering if its worth picking this one up.

So far I am really enjoying it, seems to have no big surprises(except if you not played gears 5) and plays it a bit safe but I am sure you will like it.  I give it a 7.5 so far while I gave the other books between an 8-9 (can't really remember if I disliked one).

I've got a trip starting soon so I will download it before the flight! Thanks!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

NobleTeam360 said:
The more I play Gears 5, the more I feel like the 8.5 average score is pretty accurate. The story is really good, has the same solid gameplay from the series we've come to expect but that doesn't warrant a 90+ score imo. I personally would give the game an 8.5, which is a fantastic score imo. Idk who these people are that think anything that doesn't do 90+ is bad, plus the scores the game received is irrelevant if you yourself love the game and think it's a perfect 10/10 game.

Anyway, Gamepass additions look really good like usual. I was on the fence about buying Bloodstained and now I can play it through gamepass, jump force I've heard is pretty bad but I'll give it a play regardless.

Yes and no. If the whole game were the campaign I'd probably be looking at an 8-8.5 as well. Its excellent but not quite that 'top-notch' some other games are (easily the best Gears campaign ever I think, but its being measured against a new generation of great single player games).

But by the time you throw in Versus and Horde in particularly, I am surprised at reviewers that have the gall to give it a 7 etc. Really should get up in to the low 90's on Meta.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think 85 score is reasonable enough for Gears 5. They just messed up too many things. I'm not a fan of this open world stuff, it should be for one act only. The story is built around Kate and she just isn't such an interesting character. Act II ended in bullshit bossfight.

Gears 4 versus is superior with better maps and weapon balance.

edit. Of course those 7 out of 10 scores are ridiculous any way you look at it.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 19 September 2019

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

I was surprised to see that 100% completion doesn't take that long... for an RPG that is.
Guess the 3x speed really helps a lot.

I'm just an hour in but I'm not really feeling it. I can definitely see why it was groundbreaking back then but it hasn't aged well. Gameplay is slow, 3D graphics are of course terrible, 2D backgrounds look good but are difficult to navigate. I like the smooth transition from FMV to gameplay though.
The story still has a chance to win me over but other than that I'm more looking forward to playing Tales of Vesperia DE which I also bought recently (far too many games, please kill me)

Other than that I bought FFVII with MS rewards money, so it's not that much of a waste.

Increase Your Gamerscore in 10 Days (September 19 – September 28) – Up to 10,000 points
Earn one Microsoft Rewards point per Gamerscore point increase
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/09/18/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-september-wave-2/#HLcY6P5H09AObpGX.99

Seems made for you.

Limited to 20 Game Pass games of which I already completed Yoku and Minecraft (almost) and got serious progression in PES2019 and MK X.
I'll be lucky to get 1000 GS!

dx11332sega said:

I just preordered the xbox one version of code vein to help more games like it on xbox also preordering tales of arise, BTW I buy digital my games

Thank you for your service 

NobleTeam360 said:

Not like there’s a big difference but personally it meets that 90 score criteria for me, and it’s been a while since a MS studio has done that. The story really pulled me in thanks to the amazing voice acting. The gameplay is gears, super snappy and fun. The MP is really good, they managed to evolve it without alienating their core (something 343 hasn’t managed). The escape and horde modes are equally as nice. The only thing I would say as a negative is the launch issues. 

Ryuu96 said:

Flight Simulator.

Early Test Approach

Stall Testing

Lake Tekapo

Baltimore

This game is stunning.

This game in VR would be insane 

iceland said:

The MP is really good, they managed to evolve it without alienating their core (something 343 hasn’t managed). 

How would you say they evolved the multiplayer? They didn't add any new modes to play, those couple of new weapons aren't exactly innovative, most stuff they decided to add is familiar from other shooters. They've lowered the skill cap by making movement slower, adding aim assist & bigger hitboxes etc. 

I mean yeah, it's fun and all but they've definitely alienated the core of Gears. I can see why they did it though. I hope it'll be a success and bring in new fans. Afraid it won't though.