By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
WoodenPints said:
KiigelHeart said:
So, Remedy has acquired publishing rights for Alan Wake from Microsoft. Maybe they'll be able to make AW2 happen in the future as it looked like Microsoft wasn't interested in it.

And perhaps Playstation gamers will get to play Alan Wake remaster.

It's only the publishing rights to Alan Wake/American Nightmare that have expired and reverted to Remedy they could of made Alan Wake 2 anytime they wanted as they have always owned the Alan Wake IP and they did pitch it to many publishers but no one took them up on it. The only thing that has changed is they could port Alan Wake/American Nightmare to Switch/PS4 or maybe a remaster for next gen on all platforms.

Ah ok I didn't remember they already owned the IP. So this news was pretty much nothing lol. Well it's quiet here anyway..

I agree with Machiavellian, game pass would be a perfect place for Remedy to make their story-driven games. Not everything they do needs to be AAA anyway. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
It would be best for Remedy to come under the umbrella of MS and gamepass and they can make all the Alan Wake's they want without fishing for publishers. Gamepass is their avenue to stop the fishing and make what they want.

One of the developers they "fished" for is MS and they got turned down. I don't think Remedy would be very eager to work with MS again.

Although, people said the same thing about Obsidian and Double Fine...

DeusXmachina said:
Machiavellian said:
It would be best for Remedy to come under the umbrella of MS and gamepass and they can make all the Alan Wake's they want without fishing for publishers. Gamepass is their avenue to stop the fishing and make what they want.

One of the developers they "fished" for is MS and they got turned down. I don't think Remedy would be very eager to work with MS again.

I don't think it works like that heh. To get mad at big publisher just because one of your games gets turned down.

Microsoft has funded two big & expensive games for Remedy. Quantum Break wasn't a success so if anything I don't think Microsoft is eager to fund another AAA single-player title. But game pass could be another thing.

KiigelHeart said:
WoodenPints said:

It's only the publishing rights to Alan Wake/American Nightmare that have expired and reverted to Remedy they could of made Alan Wake 2 anytime they wanted as they have always owned the Alan Wake IP and they did pitch it to many publishers but no one took them up on it. The only thing that has changed is they could port Alan Wake/American Nightmare to Switch/PS4 or maybe a remaster for next gen on all platforms.

Ah ok I didn't remember they already owned the IP. So this news was pretty much nothing lol. Well it's quiet here anyway..

I agree with Machiavellian, game pass would be a perfect place for Remedy to make their story-driven games. Not everything they do needs to be AAA anyway. 

We're all busy playing games.

Started CoD WWII and it's really good so far, but I'm only 2 levels in.
Then bought the Shantae Half Genie Hero DLCs from the sale and played through the Pirate's Quest, which I consider to be extremely disappointing. I was expecting a lot more than just very very slight adjustments of already existing levels down to the same bosses (except the final one). Definitely not recommended.
Also started the Crackdown 3 update, which is quite nice. Wingsuit feels easier to use than in Crackdown 2. Lots of easy achievements to get.

But where the hell is my Spyro Trilogy which I ordered even before CoD WWII (both from the same UK retailer). Pretty sure it got dispatched sooner as well.

DeusXmachina said:
Machiavellian said:

Noticed I said under Gamepass.  Gamepass is a difference setup and model for MS where MS is looking for content instead of AAA games that sell in the double digit millions.  While Alan Wake games are considered very good games, sell wise they did not do so great.  The games do have a dedicated fanbase and Remedy as a studio has a good fanbase as well as good tech which is what MS want.  Gamepass works best for both the developer as they are not pressured to sell millions of copies, their games will probably get more users to play them because its on gamepass and the studio can focus on what they do best.  MS want exclusive content and a wide range at that because the more diverse their selection the better chance to gain more subs.  MS approach to studios and what those studios produce is much different now then in the past and the current model probably fits Remedy as a company more than what they are currently doing today.

Around the Network

Jez uploaded some Bleeding Edge gameplay on twitter and the game looks really smooth.

Anyone here got into the alpha?

Ryuu96 said:

Very nice additions. The time has come where I no longer own any of the AA or AAA games that come to the service.
Great news for me!

My time at Portia is a good addition and only been out a month as well, Also Blazing Chrome looks great and a day one launch into Gamepass and Shadow of War/Dead Rising 4 are good for those who haven't played them yet.

On the PC side Timespinner is going to be worth a try, Looks decent.

I'll definitely play Shadow of War and Lego City.

I've been checking my email frequently hoping to get into the alpha, nothing as of yet. Apparently, they're going from region to region when inviting to the alpha.