Best RPG

Best Platformer    
Best Fighter

Best Horror

Best Sports/Racing Forza Horizon 4 Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
Best Soundtrack Red Dead Redemption 2 Sea of Thieves
Best Art Design Sea of Thieves  
Best Graphics Red Dead Redemption 2 Sea of Thieves
Best Male Performance Roger Clark as Arthur Morgan in RDR2 Joe Neate as himself on all those Sea of Thieves vids
Best Female Performance

Best Singleplayer Red Dead Redemption 2 Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
Best Multiplayer Sea of Thieves  
Best Story Red Dead Redemption 2
Best Games With Gold Release List For Honor
Best Backwards Compatibility Release List Silent Hill: Homecoming
Best Indie

Best Xbox Console Exclusive Sea of Thieves Forza Horizon 4
Overall Xbox Game of the Year Red Dead Redemption 2 Sea of Thieves
Most Anticipated 2019 Multiplat Metro: Exodus
Most Anticipated 2019 Xbox Console Exclusive Gears 5 Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Wow I really didn't play many games this year :P 

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 19 December 2018

Around the Network

Category Top Pick Runner-Up
Best Shooter Far Cry 5  
Best Action/Action-Adventure Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Best RPG Assassins Creed: Odyssey  
Best Platformer    
Best Fighter    
Best Horror    
Best Sports/Racing Forza Horizon 4 Burnout Paradise: Remastered
Best Soundtrack Red Dead Redemption 2  
Best Art Design    
Best Graphics Forza Horizon 4 Red Dead Redemption II
Best Male Performance Roger Clark, RDR 2  
Best Female Performance Melissanthi Mahut, AC Odyssey Camilla Luddington, SotTR
Best Singleplayer Hitman 2 Assassins Creed: Odyssey
Best Multiplayer    
Best Story Red Dead Redemption II Assassins Creed Odyssey
Best Games With Gold Release List Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction Superhot
Best Backwards Compatibility Release List Burnout: Revenge Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Best Indie A Way Out  
Best Xbox Console Exclusive Forza Horizon 4 State of Decay 2
Overall Xbox Game of the Year Forza Horizon 4 Hitman 2 
Most Anticipated 2019 Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077 DOOM Eternal
Most Anticipated 2019 Xbox Console Exclusive Crackdown 3 Halo Infinite

A few notes: 

1) For the games with section there are games that I think are better than the ones listed. However I wanted to chose ones that I played for the first time through GwG and was pleasantly surprised by , not ones that Ive already played.

2) It says most anticipated "2019" game, but since Shikamaru put down Cyberpunk I'm assuming all upcoming announced games are included.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I expect Scarlett S & X to share similar CPU. The games should look better not play better on the premium option. You don't want anything remotely close to Forza Horizon 2 situation. I don't trust developer to hold back their desires to design their games to get the full benefit of the stronger hardware, leaving the weaker console with a bad version. A shooter with less enemies, inaccessible areas on racing or openworkd games, or less lively open world games.

I think the lineup for the next two years will be:

$149 Discless Xbox One console which will act as a streaming box fpr next gen games.

$399 Scarlett Arcade with Zen2 CPU and 8-9 tflop GPU.

$499 Scarlett Pro with slightly better CPU, 13-15 tflops GPU and SSD.

SSD prices will drop rapidly in the next two year. It will reach a point where it won't hurt Microsoft to use them for their premium console.

Not participating as once again I've barely played anything that came out in 2018 and if it wasn't for GamePass, nothing.

Going to be tough to fill out GOTY this time as most of my 2018 gaming was on older titles, I still hope to play a few 2018 games over Christmas that could make my list though.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
So Mutant Year Zero is really good. Check it out if you’re into turn based strategy.

Imaginedvl said: 

Mutant Year Zero... For any XCom like games, this is a must. I have to say it was a very pleasant surprise when I installed this baby and played it a lot since (in Very hard/Iron man mode ftw)

These guys know what they're talking about. Mutant Year Zero is a very good and challenging game!

I'm playing on easiest difficulty without iron mutant mode and it has still been challenging enough heh. Mostly because it took me too long to realize it's essentially a stealth game.

$250 wow.

Best Games With Gold Release List  Forza Horizon 2
 Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Best Backwards Compatibility Release List  Call of Duty 4
 Final Fantasy XIII
Most Anticipated 2019 Multiplat  Kingdom Hearts 3
 Metro Exodus
Most Anticipated 2019 Xbox Console Exclusive  Halo Infinite

Gears of War 5

Sadly I already had all of the best GwG titles. The best I didn't already have would probably be either QUBE 2 or Trials of the Blood Dragon. For Honor was also better than I expected.
BC was just crazy this year. Other big titles were Vanquish, Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist, Assassin's Creed IV and many more.
Cyberpunk would be an obvious choice for most anticipated, but not sure if it will come out in 2019, so I chose some games that are definitely going to make it.

Barozi said:

Sadly I already had all of the best GwG titles. The best I didn't already have would probably be either QUBE 2 or Trials of the Blood Dragon. For Honor was also better than I expected.
BC was just crazy this year. Other big titles were Vanquish, Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist, Assassin's Creed IV and many more.
Cyberpunk would be an obvious choice for most anticipated, but not sure if it will come out in 2019, so I chose some games that are definitely going to make it.

Yeah I'm unsure if we will actually see Cyberpunk as a late 2019 game or not, It would be great for it to be arriving within a year and carrying the Witcher 3 momentum and a good showing from this upcoming E3 it could be somewhat the RDR2 of 2019 which in turn would be good for Xbox having marketing rights going into next holiday compared to the 2 main bundles been the two most trashed upon games of the year this time round. 

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 19 December 2018

Category Top Pick Runner-Up
Best Shooter  Call of Duty Black Ops 4  
Best Action/Action-Adventure  Assassin's Creed Odyssey  Sea of Thieves
Best RPG    
Best Platformer    
Best Fighter  Dragon Ball Fighter Z  
Best Horror    
Best Sports/Racing  Forza Horizon 4  WWE 2K19
Best Soundtrack  Forza Horizon 4  Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Best Art Design  Sea of Thieves  Dragon Ball Fighter Z
Best Graphics  Forza Horizon 4  Sea of Thieves
Best Male Performance  Eric Krogh  ichael Antonakos
Best Female Performance  Melissanthi Mahut  
Best Singleplayer  Assassin's Creed Odyssey  
Best Multiplayer  Call of Duty Black Ops 4  Sea of Thieves
Best Story  Assassin's Creed Odyssey  
Best Games With Gold Release List  Forza Horizon 2  Overcooked
Best Backwards Compatibility Release List  Crackdown   Call of Duty MW2
Best Indie  Ashen  Laser League
Best Xbox Console Exclusive  Forza Horizon 4  Sea of Thieves
Overall Xbox Game of the Year  Assassin's Creed Odyssey  Call of Duty Black Ops 4
Most Anticipated 2019 Multiplat  Kingdom Hearts 3  The Division 2
Most Anticipated 2019 Xbox Console Exclusive  Gears 5  Crackdown 3