By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AsGryffynn said:
First time I've heard of handing out a loan for a friggin games console. They definitely outdid themselves here...

It happened a lot before also with xbox.

Around the Network

Just started Assassin's Creed: Origins. What a great start to the game. I'm a fan of AC again, after getting bored with the franchise. Game play is fun and I Love the new character development. If the game continue at this level, I really don't know why it didn't get 90+.

I don't know why, but its beginning reminds me of Horizon: Zero Down for some reason, which is a great thing. The colors, hunting, or/and father-son relationship might be the reasons.

Can't wait for Odyssey now!

Last edited by I LOVE GIGGS - on 30 August 2018

After seeing the impressive reviews for the second game, I decided to give Divinity: Original Sin a second chance. I'm a Fire Emblem fan and thought I'd like the game but the difficulty kicked me out. Will start with easier settings now.

New GamePass games:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Quantum Break
Onrush
Aven Colony
Shadow Warrior 1
Sky Force Reloaded
Manual Samuel
Snake Pass
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
InnerSpace

Fantastic month.
Excited for Onrush, Snake Pass and Sky Force Reloaded.
Aven Colony seems to be good too.

I own the rest (minus InnerSpace)

Damn that is a nice GamePass month.

Around the Network

Microsoft is knocking it out of the park with gamepass. I never thought that it would become anything more than mostly indies with a few first party sprinkled in, but this something else entirely.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-talos-principle/c1tj5kt8lt9j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The Talos Principle was just stealth released for Xbox One. Heard great things about it, might pick it up in the future.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-talos-principle/c1tj5kt8lt9j?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The Talos Principle was just stealth released for Xbox One. Heard great things about it, might pick it up in the future.

oh nice !

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

This is why I want to them to get Obsidian since they are at 170 devs (2017 estimate) and would be the second biggest studio acquisition after Playground and possibly the only AAA size that they are going after as far as we know, I doubt that they will build new studios from the ground up after the Initiative unless they can get a top tier dev with experience to be the head of it.

Yeah, I agree on Obsidian. They could easily be staffed up to have both a AAA team that makes KOTOR 2/Fallout New Vegas scale WRPG's, and a AA team that continues working on Pillars of Eternity and/or Tyranny.

Something else that could be crucial to this plan to keep people subbed to Game Pass permanently would be convincing some 3rd parties to release day 1 on Game Pass. We've heard rumors of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Metro Exodus being on Game Pass day 1, hopefully those rumors are true. 

I agree that third-party games on game pass at or near launch would be pretty important to the long-term success of the program. However, it's hard for me to see how Microsoft can make the math work on that. They would have to pay the publishers similar money to what they expect to earn from sales of those games. And, with the total annual cost of Game Pass really only being the launch price of two games per year, you're not going to be able to pay for very many big games before all the profit is dried up.

It's probably a lot easier to get games at 90-120 days after launch, so that many of the early adopters still buy at retail. That would probably keep the cost way down, and still provide some pretty good value to gamepass subscribers.

Can someone explain me this (I am new!) I've been playing PES 2018 (that left gamepass) but I can still play it in library. Is that normal or should I expect that my PES will stop working in the next couple of hours?