By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:
^By Grind what kind of time are you talking? 10's of hours?

Idk, I think I've spent the past 2-3 days on this Shadow Wars stuff.

There's 4 Forts and each one gets attacked roughly 3 times, I've defended each one and now I'm on Stage 5 where two Forts are under attack at the same time (Luckily there's no time limit)

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours rebuilding my army in one fort area as it was full with older and weak Orcs (You can't dominate Orcs above your level and it seems like they can't be bothered to level up themselves for the most part) so I had to run around the map finding and dominating new Orcs to replace them.

Orcs can die in the battle and you'll need to replace them, or betray you, or just kill each other

Now I'm looking at the next Fort battle and the enemy Orcs are all stronger than my Warchiefs plus the Overlord is 6 levels above my level so I can't exactly dominate Orcs near his level without grinding my own level up (I've done all Side Objectives so It'll have to be probably small 5k Xp quests with a total of 50k Xp per level)

Or, as I'm reading now, If you fail the Fort defence and take it back over, It counts as a win and you progress forward in the story, plus you get 3x the xp for basically losing then retaking, so I guess it's not all bad, I'm kind of tempted to just fail since attacking is easier than defending.

Damn does sound like a grind :( I do hate it when games kinda reward you better for loosing as keeping them without loosing them constantly should be more rewarding than failing on purpose to make things easier.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Idk, I think I've spent the past 2-3 days on this Shadow Wars stuff.

There's 4 Forts and each one gets attacked roughly 3 times, I've defended each one and now I'm on Stage 5 where two Forts are under attack at the same time (Luckily there's no time limit)

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours rebuilding my army in one fort area as it was full with older and weak Orcs (You can't dominate Orcs above your level and it seems like they can't be bothered to level up themselves for the most part) so I had to run around the map finding and dominating new Orcs to replace them.

Orcs can die in the battle and you'll need to replace them, or betray you, or just kill each other

Now I'm looking at the next Fort battle and the enemy Orcs are all stronger than my Warchiefs plus the Overlord is 6 levels above my level so I can't exactly dominate Orcs near his level without grinding my own level up (I've done all Side Objectives so It'll have to be probably small 5k Xp quests with a total of 50k Xp per level)

Or, as I'm reading now, If you fail the Fort defence and take it back over, It counts as a win and you progress forward in the story, plus you get 3x the xp for basically losing then retaking, so I guess it's not all bad, I'm kind of tempted to just fail since attacking is easier than defending.

You have to defend forts personally? Ugh, not a fan of that, I see bad flashbacks from AC Revelations happening. AC Revelations base defense system totally ruined the game for me, every hour or so a base would get attacked and you'd have to stop whatever you were doing in game to go defend it or else you'd lose it and have to retake it again later. I hated it so much I quit playing the game, to date it's the only AC game I never finished and my least favorite AC game overall. 

Now I'm thinking I might just watch a let's play of Shadow of War instead of playing it myself. My favorite youtuber is playing it fortunately. 

Honestly that never bothered me in Revelations. I just conquered all districts in one go at the end of the game. I barely had to defend anything.
Once through the story and maybe once or twice more after that.

Damn them consoles looks good! I could do with winning one of them :P

Can you download the 4k assets individually? If so, how?

Wow the bc team Is knocking it out of the park. Kotor lookin so good I might replay. Xbox is really blowing away the competition in a lot of areas.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

Really impressed by the BC team. Didn't expect OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games to have enhancements on the One X.

Ryuu96 said:

Fucking Shadow of War seems to be trying it's best to get me to buy some loot boxes for Captains

Getting a tad annoying now, I'm on Stage 5 and there's 10 Stages, I think you have to defend each fort 3 times and I just had the perfect defence, no walls breached, no captains killed, until of course my own ally captains enrage perk set off (Which means they attack anyone in the area) and around 5 of my captains were killed by....ally captains.....

Might end up watching the ending on Youtube

Doooo it.

Does anyone feel like Sea of Thieves is going to be pretty solid, but flop hideously?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Nice Halloween sale going on right now.

Versus_Evil said:
Impressed with Cuphead, very impressed but I do wish the loading was faster.

The loading is a bit slow when you load the game from the title screen or when you first enter a boss stage.

But when you die and retry it loads instantly. 

Ryuu96 said:
starcraft said:

Doooo it.

Does anyone feel like Sea of Thieves is going to be pretty solid, but flop hideously?

Only chance it has at selling decently is if it catches on with the Twitch crowd Imo.

I think it will be a fun game but man are they taking forever, unless they suddenly throw in a bunch of content before launch I think the game is going to be pretty barebones on launch (Hence why I believe it's release in Early 2018 is just an Open Beta release) and I don't feel like they're living anywhere near their full potential, there's so much stuff that I think about like "Why don't they add that?"

It's weird with SoT it was announced at E3 2015 and I persume it was maybe a year into development by then so a early 2018 release could mean anywhere Q1 or Q2 really which could potentially mean that Rare have been developing it for 4 years. If  that is the case to release only a barebones early access after so much time  it would just have that Fable Legends feeling of is this going to go anywhere or just be a massive hole for development costs especially with how other barebones at launch games have faired this gen.

Whilst I still haven't got access to the insider program yet so my knowledge is limited :( I do hope that Rare has much more content up their sleeves and they are just testing out small segments to make sure the mechanics and gameplay is working fine to then launch with a massive amount more content.