By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I hope SoT gets an open beta soon. Been waiting to get in for a while and the game comes out Q1 next year so this feels like a good time to have an open beta.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

jason1637 said:
I hope SoT gets an open beta soon. Been waiting to get in for a while and the game comes out Q1 next year so this feels like a good time to have an open beta.

I keep telling you, that date IS for the Open Beta ;-P 

I doubt it. The game has been in devlopment for a few years now so i doubt they will just launch an open beta. I could see them going the early access route though.

Ryuu96 said:

Thanks

I think it'll be announced at E3 2018 but Halo Wars 2 I believe is a slight indication of the direction they're going with Halo (Hopefully, It's a good start at least)

Your welcome!

And I haven't played Halo Wars 2 ... but from what I know it has a more classic style? Is that what you're referring to? 

Lol 343i didnt even develop Halo Wars 2 . Ryuu pls

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:

I signed up for it the minute you were able toand still ain't got in :(

What will they do with an Open beta , Think it will actually be an open beta for a few months and everyone can download and play or more of a 1-2 open beta month or 2 before launch similar to how Destiny just was.

LOL 2 Weeks Later and I'm in, I couldn't resist digging up this comment, I'm a prick

Anyone in the Alpha: Can you play the Alpha anytime it's open or do you have assigned dates given to you which you can only play then?

Also is anyone in the Alpha for this Gamescom Week? Would be nice to play it with people I actually know, I know Noble, Libara and Shika are in the Alpha so it'd be nice to get together on it but Idk the answer to the first question...

Lucky twat :D

To be honest I've been playing MMORPG's for the last 20 years and my luck at getting into the alpha/beta has always been terrible many times I've been the only one not in out of all the guys I play with :(

Around the Network

https://www.windowscentral.com/rts-classic-rise-nations-coming-windows-store-steam-cross-play?amp

I hope this means all Microsoft published games will launch on steam. seams like they pick and choose when to launch on steam. They need to wise up. Their games would stop flopping and the higher ups would probably greenlight more games. Also it would be easier to secure publishing on 3rd party devs.

My estimated missed sales from not launching on steam
Halo 5- 3 to 6 million copies
Gears 4 - 2-5 million copies
Hw2- 1 million copies
Sunset overdrive- 1.5 million copies
Forza horizon 3- 2-5 million copies

These estimates are for aligned launches between X1 n steam

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
https://www.windowscentral.com/rts-classic-rise-nations-coming-windows-store-steam-cross-play?amp

I hope this means all Microsoft published games will launch on steam. seams like they pick and choose when to launch on steam. They need to wise up. Their games would stop flopping and the higher ups would probably greenlight more games. Also it would be easier to secure publishing on 3rd party devs.

Hw2- 1 million copies

MS should definitly launch more games on steam with W10 and Steam crossplay.

BTW those estimates seem way too high.

jason1637 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Hw2- 1 million copies

I don't think so. 1 million seams about right for a high budget rts. Pc players live their competitive arena shooters and what's bigger than halo in that genre? Oh ya counter strike which Is a steam game. The best racing game ever would sell millions on that platform. Remember there is something like 70 million active steam users(360 sold what 85 million, and probably 25 million where rebuys).

i actually think a game like halo 5 could have really taken off on pc. Battlegrounds a new ip has done 7 million copies in less than 6 months with no marketing. Just look at comparable games on steam spy. Hell even Alan wake did 2.2 million copies on steam.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

jason1637 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Hw2- 1 million copies

Why can't they have something like GOG, Origin, or whatever Blizzard have? No one complains when companies releases exclusive games to their good store. What Microsoft needs to do is to rework their store from tge ground up.