By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Talking about setting for next Horizon, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Russia. Big ass cities, stunningly beautiful nature, rough landscape..it's a huge country with endless possibilities for a racing game. And a radio station for that awful Russian music heh.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Talking about setting for next Horizon, I can't believe nobody has mentioned Russia. Big ass cities, stunningly beautiful nature, rough landscape..it's a huge country with endless possibilities for a racing game. And a radio station for that awful Russian music heh.

Ya, Russia's got potential too. Maybe somewhere around Sochi or something like that

Japan is a place to consider. Canada as well, it has great tundras, even a desert, great city landscapes, etc...

Damn I already regret I bought Fortnite. This kind a grinding & looting game is not my cup of tea. I hardly ever craft or upgrade fancy weapons in games so this is just confusing and frustrating. One of the reasons I love Gears is that you don't have to worry about loadouts etc.

Progression feels slow, almost as if they'd want me to spend real money.. I know right? What a shocker.

Well, Epic already lost the plot with GoW Judgment so I should've known better. I did pay 40€ so I'll keep playing for a while and hope it'll grow on me. It's probably a good game for those who enjoy this kind a shit. It just feels like a free-to-play game to me so far.

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:
Damn I already regret I bought Fortnite. This kind a grinding & looting game is not my cup of tea. I hardly ever craft or upgrade fancy weapons in games so this is just confusing and frustrating. One of the reasons I love Gears is that you don't have to worry about loadouts etc.

Progression feels slow, almost as if they'd want me to spend real money.. I know right? What a shocker.

Well, Epic already lost the plot with GoW Judgment so I should've known better. I did pay 40€ so I'll keep playing for a while and hope it'll grow on me. It's probably a good game for those who enjoy this kind a shit. It just feels like a free-to-play game to me so far.

I was turned off by Fortnite the second I saw it. Can't believe they've wasted 6 years making Fortnite; all the while they could have been making games based on some of their awesome tech demos like the fans have been asking them to. 

I should have done some research before buying it. I like how the game looks and the basic idea of building a fortress and defending it, but it just isn't fun so far and feels like playing a facebook game 😐 fuck you Epic! I'm so glad The Coalition took over Gears of War.

Around the Network

Ok and now I just learned Fortnite will be free to play in 2018 😁 boy do I feel like an idiot now...

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:
Ok and now I just learned Fortnite will be free to play in 2018 😁 boy do I feel like an idiot now...

Yeah, they mentioned something about F2P in one of the paid promo videos that one of my favorite Youtubers did for it, and I was confused because the game costs money right now. Why release a game as paid when you already have plans to go F2P within a year? What a shitty model. 

Because you can make a quick buck up front off suckers. Isn't that right Kiigel?

KiigelHeart said:

lol didn't know that either.

But you don't seem to be the only supporter. It's selling pretty good judging by the amount of TA owners. Over 5k owners already, will probably overtake Tekken 7 in a few days.

shikamaru317 said:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention in my Destiny 2 beta impressions yesterday how crappy the UI is. It's pretty obvious that they plan to use the same UI for both console and PC because they're too lazy to do 2 separate UI's. Why design the UI around PC instead of console though when the 2 console versions combined will outsell the PC version by at least 3 to 1 most likely? There is nothing worse than a cursor based UI on console, trying to control a cursor with thumbstick is just annoying.

Because that's exactly how they built it in the first game, and they're too lazy to change it

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Angelus said:

It's not quite the perfect setting, but it is a good one. The Forza community has a lot of Japan fans, and Tokyo is a big racing city. The surrounding farmlands, along with some twisty mountain roads that are tailor made for drifting would definitely make a lot of people very happy. I'd definitely enjoy it.

That said, FH3 introduced so much variety in their environments on the map...everything from beaches, to jungles, to deserts, to cities, to open fields, and rolling hills....I imagine they'd ideally like to keep as much variety as possible, and Japan might feel like a bit of a step back in that regard. But hey, every local ain't as crazy as Australia lol. It would be cool I think to see them do multiple locations in a single game at some point. Since they always put an airport in their games anyway, you could just drive over to it whenever you wanna travel between play spaces.

Other places I'd like to see Horizon go are Rio, the black forest here in Germany, Dubai, and New Zealand.

For the first part of your reply, gamers always overrate anything attached to Japan. Them asking for Japan to be the next location for Horizon or any game is not any indication for me. They've been asking for Japan since the first game and they will keep asking for it even if there are much better options.

I agree 100% with the second part. That is why I don't think Japan is the perfect location for this game or even close to it. I'd prefer to play on different parts of US or Europe, South Africa, or Brazil like you mentioned. 

Because of Fujimi Kaido, it was one of the most loved tracks in the early Forza games.  Serious Forza fans are complaining all the time about the track not being in the games anymore even in F7.