By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
malistix1985 said:
ironmanDX said:
Less than 6 and a half hours to go.. I'm also trying to keep my expectations in check but.... IT'S SO DAMN HARD!

Well seeing your achievements and all the games you play on xbox I am sure it is :)

Have a good feeling Microsoft won't dissapoint its core fans and deliver a really good show for them! The big question is if they will convince people who are not invested in the platform yet to do so and that is something I am not sure of.

Anyway I will be watching your reaction after the show let me know if they met/exceeded your expectations :D

I'll probably be posting during the conference, no need for you to wait. You're welcome!

I should probably get some sleep though. Midnight here in Australia. Thank God for the public holiday tomorrow and God save the Queen!

Around the Network

So, $499 seems to be the price. That's just too much, especially when you run against another company which is already in the leading position.

They could still reduce the price before release if pre-orders won't be that strong but I guess pre-orders will be fine but sales after release will have trouble with that price. 

Geoff Keighley: Scorpio to cost $499

Is this thread a click bait? I know Geoff has been running surveys and not leaking anything.

Welp, no Scorpio for me if it ends up being 499. I'll wait for the eventual price drop that will follow. I know MS has marketed the Scorpio as premium but good luck selling another 500 dollar console to gamers.Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Aka, I spent 500 on a launch Xbone and regretted it shortly after, so I'll gladly hold off this time around.

The thing is, some of the execs at Xbox don't even know the name of Scorpio. I imagine the pricing of Scorpio would be even more secretive.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
The thing is, some of the execs at Xbox don't even know the name of Scorpio. I imagine the pricing of Scorpio would be even more secretive.

Hm, you have a good point, let's hope what Ryuu said is right xD

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
So Geoff got it from rehearsals huh.

Welp, expecting everything to leak now

Two games already leaked and 4 hours to go...

This smells fishier and fishier to me. Why would they let him watch a rehearsal without making him sign an NDA first? I feel like they purposefully let him watch it and leaked the fake price to him just so they can surprise us later today. If not, MS is dumber than a box of rocks. 

But if they let him watch it and show him a fake price because they were sure he will leak the price, wouldn't they also believe that he will leak other stuff he saw? 

I mean, that doesn't make sense to me. "Let us show him stuff but we are sure he will only leak what we fake"

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
So Geoff got it from rehearsals huh.

Welp, expecting everything to leak now

Two games already leaked and 4 hours to go...

This smells fishier and fishier to me. Why would they let him watch a rehearsal without making him sign an NDA first? I feel like they purposefully let him watch it and leaked the fake price to him just so they can surprise us later today. If not, MS is dumber than a box of rocks. 

Scorpio is a higher quality console than any on the market. It's expected to be priced accordingly and Phil said that as well.

This E3 should be about games that all Xbox owners can play regardless of their platform models.

Goatseye said:
shikamaru317 said:

Scorpio is a higher quality console than any on the market. It's expected to be priced accordingly and Phil said that as well.

This E3 should be about games that all Xbox owners can play regardless of their platform models.

Defending the price is the wrong move for you as potential customer. We should all hope that it will even sell enough to ensure developers will care about it for the next years, that won't happen if it will be too expensive and then we will see devs who  will simply throw the PS4 PRO version on it just in 4k native.  

There are times where you have to be against what MS does even if you are an Xbox fan and a $499 price tag should be one of these times. 

If Scorpio will be a big success, some devs will put some extra work in their games. But only then. 

Scorpio's definitely  $399. Geoff doesn't just leak stuff. Probably a marketing stunt from Microsoft.