By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:
Goatseye said:

MS should form a studio instead of buying names. It's time for them to grow something from the bottom up and set trend; like Halo did in the 6th gen and Gears in the 7th.

They tried that so many times already but failed at this point I don't think that they are capable of it, 343 was made just for Halo, The Coalition (formerly Black Tusk) had their original new IP scrapped and are now a Gears studio, Decisive Games looks like it got shut down, and MS Victoria got shut dowm as well.

They need to try more and focus on gaming more as well. MS Victoria was merged to make The Coalition.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
EspadaGrim said:

They tried that so many times already but failed at this point I don't think that they are capable of it, 343 was made just for Halo, The Coalition (formerly Black Tusk) had their original new IP scrapped and are now a Gears studio, Decisive Games looks like it got shut down, and MS Victoria got shut dowm as well.

They need to try more and focus on gaming more as well. MS Victoria was merged to make The Coalition.

Yeah but Victoria was making their own game before the merge.

Canadian studios weren't doing much.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

No, Fable was never properly realized, but saying it lacked soul is wrong on so many levels. Soul is one of the things it actually did have going for it.

Yeah, it might have been mechanically lacking compared to other RPG's, but it had soul in abundance imo. That quirky British charm was unlike anything in other RPG's. 

Perhaps I found the british humor tobe rather dry. That was probably it. I couldnt connect. Being that I have famil in Britain, this baffled me while playing. When I watch the show Once Upon a time I could imagine the game using that type of tone...kind of like Grimms tales.

shikamaru317 said:

The more I hear about Jason Jones, the less I like him. No wonder Destiny was a huge mess. It's crazy to hear there was so much drama and infighting at Bungie during that time, sounds like nobody got along that well. I never knew that Marty was responsible for the mistalke of killing Johnson and Miranda, always thought Joe was, nice to see Joe returned to "amazing writer" status in my eyes. It also saddens me to hear that in hindsight, Marty wishes he had gone to 343, Halo 4/5 would have had much better soundtracks if he had. 

Killing them wasn't a mistake at all. Their deaths brought some actual emotional stakes to the table, that would have otherwise been absent. You just don't like it because you're not fond of the new supporting cast, but that's not Bungie's problem.

Around the Network

So they were working on Destiny since the start of Halo 3 and the game at launch had a terrible story and lack of content.

Well, that's ruined that surprise! Guess we'll be back later in the week with a new name

Blame Trump.

Just posted a review for SpeedRunners: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268278/speedrunners-review-amp-giveaway-xone/

If you guys want to enter for a chance for a free code, you can leave a comment with your favorite party game :)

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Killing them wasn't a mistake at all. Their deaths brought some actual emotional stakes to the table, that would have otherwise been absent. You just don't like it because you're not fond of the new supporting cast, but that's not Bungie's problem.

Disagree, killing them was a mistake and even moreso because of how awful their deaths are but that'll happen if you think you have to kill somebody simply because it's the last game, maybe if their deaths actually had any emotional impact but they didn't, their deaths felt rushed and were done poorly, it didn't make me think Chief was at risk and it didn't surprise me that an emotionally unstable AI betrayed us at the time.

Makes it even worse when you learn Johnson is a Spartan I and he went out like such a chump also learning he's immune to the flood could have been an interesting plot device explored in a later Halo game when the flood return.

I'm fine with Miranda dying but her death was awful too.

Johnson's death was a bit cheap, but Miranda's was just fine imo. And no, their deaths didn't make me think Chief was any more at risk, but the fact is, some people of import on your side had to die. You can't just keep saying humanity is on it's last leg, and everything is fucked, and talk about all the high stakes, but never actually kill anyone that people care about. That said, neither character was super important to me personally, but hey it's something at least. So ya....I was ok with them dying. I would have been more annoyed if everyone made it out alive.

You should be happy they didn't kill Arbiter, Chief, or Cortana. Without those, 343 would have had some actual problems.

And none of that stuff you just brought up about Johnson was explored or laid bare in the games at all. So ya sure, you can act like he was super interesting and had all this stuff going for him, but in game he was just an amusing, cocky, drill seargeant type. I was annoyed, and a bit sad he died, but the way he was presented and utitlized throughout the trilogy was replacable as hell, so killing him isn't gimping 343 in the slightest imo

If you like to follow E3 with twitch here is the shedule: