By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: Nintendo why do you insist on bad ideas for great games?!

I just don't get it. Splatoon is a very fun game and its multiplayer modes are insanely fun.

But once again, Nintendo decides to tweak controls to the point that it greatly degrades the acceptance and fun of the game.

There is NO damn reason we should be aiming based on motion. You have dual analog that is the standard for shooting games... USE THAT!!!!

There is NO damn reason we should not be able to use a wiimote+nunchuk!!!

There is NO damn reason local multiplayer should be limited to 1v1. This mode should allow 4v local OR 4 local vs 4 online.

Nintendo, why can't you get this right? Why do you insist on ignoring well loved gaming mechanics proven by other games for decades now? This game could easily be something that sells more than MK or SSB. But you gimp the multiplayer modes and force an akward aiming scheme.

I love the game and will be putting in many more hours. Hopefully you learn with the sequel.

4v4 online
4local v 4 online
4local

Around the Network

You do realize you can turn off the gyro aiming, right?

most people prefer motion controls in splatoon tho (at least thats what I hear)

JazzB1987 said:
most people prefer motion controls in splatoon tho (at least thats what I hear)

I was surprised to like them, I expected them to be garbage. I actually find it easier to snipe with the motion controls for that last second twitch.

Around the Network

"There is NO damn reason we should be aiming based on motion. You have dual analog that is the standard for shooting games... USE THAT!!!!"

You know there is an "Options" Menu right? Have you ever tried checking that out?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I do agree that they made some notably bad calls though.

No 4 player local matches, no Wiimote + Nunchuk support for single player, no voice chat online, and no 2 players per console online were missteps.

Still an excellent game, but it could have been even better.

Yoy can turn motion controls off...

I mean, there are definitely things they can improve upon, but it is the first game of the series. They were probably just focusing on some more important things. I'm sure some updates in the future will fix a lot of the issues people have with the game.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

curl-6 said:
You do realize you can turn off the gyro aiming, right?

LOL no. I just popped game in and started playing. Didn't go through settings. haha

ok, so I'm still upset about the lack of 4 local.