By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best exclusives in 2015? X1 or PS4

It's Forza versus No Man's Sky to me... the tiebreaker goes to Microsoft

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

You know your argument is in trouble when you have to downplay in order to prove you win. Bad form.

The PS5 Exists. 

I have a question:

How is Magic Duels: Origins and Xbox One exclusive when it had a PS4 release date of next month?

Protendo said:
I have a question:

How is Magic Duels: Origins and Xbox One exclusive when it had a PS4 release date of next month?

It's a timed exclusive from what I can. Tomb Raider is also a timed exclusive. Regardless, that counts as an exclusive in my book.

Who has the best exclusives in 2015?

Ask that question after E3 or even better in 2016 when we have played the games.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
JustBeingReal said:

As it stands PS4 has it in the bag IMO, I'm sure Sony will add big Fall games to the list at E3 after Andrew House's comments, but so far Bloodborne (no longer niche because of it's sales), Tearaway Unfolded (the vita game was a Game of the Year contender and the new one has tonnes more to do and vastly improved gameplay), Rime, Fat Princess Adventures, Kill Strain looks very interesting and another new IP, the list is pretty enormous and much more interesting and fun than what XBox One has to offer IMO.

It's only Halo 5 and Forza 6 on Xbox One, Fable can be played on PC, Rise of The Tomb Raider is coming to 360 this year, will definitely be on PS4 next year.
2 exclusives for an entire year is truly sparse IMO and having to wait more than a year for something from 1st Party is downright disgusting business practice from Microsoft IMO!

No love for Dragon Quest Heroes :(

I was just talking about outright exclusives, I've never played Dragon Quest though, but maybe, much like Persona I may have to give those games a try.

I also can't wait for WiLD (probably my most anticipated PS4 exclusive that's been announced so far), really don't get how people can bash indies when they're capable of making that kind of a game now!

JustBeingReal said:

I was just talking about outright exclusives, I've never played Dragon Quest though, but maybe, much like Persona I may have to give those games a try.

I also can't wait for WiLD (probably my most anticipated PS4 exclusive that's been announced so far), really don't get how people can bash indies when they're capable of making that kind of a game now!

It's because some people keep brushing indies under the same brush, which is very ignorant. Hellblade, for instance, is technically an indie game, but it is being developed by Ninja Theory, the same guys who made Heavenly Sword and the DMC series.

darkenergy said:
JustBeingReal said:

As it stands PS4 has it in the bag IMO, I'm sure Sony will add big Fall games to the list at E3 after Andrew House's comments, but so far Bloodborne (no longer niche because of it's sales), Tearaway Unfolded (the vita game was a Game of the Year contender and the new one has tonnes more to do and vastly improved gameplay), Rime, Fat Princess Adventures, Kill Strain looks very interesting and another new IP, the list is pretty enormous and much more interesting and fun than what XBox One has to offer IMO.

It's only Halo 5 and Forza 6 on Xbox One, Fable can be played on PC, Rise of The Tomb Raider is coming to 360 this year, will definitely be on PS4 next year.
2 exclusives for an entire year is truly sparse IMO and having to wait more than a year for something from 1st Party is downright disgusting business practice from Microsoft IMO!

I am not sure why you are saying waiting 1 year for a first party title from Microsoft is considered "disgusting", Sony is in a similar position as well we know how the Order scored which isn't good while Bloodbourne is still just one game from a niche genre(remember Andrew House even admits that their lineup is Sparse (even with the release of Bloodbourne). Those other games you mention aren't really interesting for many people and games like Halo 5 are more interesting than anything games Sony is offering IMO!

Also don't forget that Microsoft will announced more games at E3 with a possibility of a game being release this holiday with Halo 5 and Forza 6.

It's disguting and what's worse is it's constantly ignored by the XBox guys!

The last exclusive game from Microsoft's 1st party was Kinect Sports Rivals, that released April last year, the next 1st party exclusive is Halo 5, that doesn't come out until October, that's 18 months without any 1st party exclusives on XBox One, it's beyond disgusting!!

Xbox One hasn't had an exclusive since Sunset Overdrive released, that was also an October release, so it's a full year between exclusives on Xbox One and Xbox Fans support that and wonder why PS4 is selling so much better, LMFAO!!

No Sony aren't in a similar position, because the last 1st party exclusive was Driveclub in October and PS4 doesn't have to wait a year from last October for it's next 1st party exclusive, because Tearaway Unfolded and Kill Strain are slated for the Summer time.

House stated that Sony's 1st party line-up is a little sparse, he didn't say that their exclusive line-up for 2015 is sparse and right now the only know 1st party exclusives coming in 2015 are Tearaway Unfolded and Kill Strain, which gives room for more to be announced this year, because 2 games in a 12 month period is not even close to being "a little sparse" for output.

Bloodborne stopped being Niche when it sold as quickly as it did, over a million units is definitely no longer a niche title.

Halo 5 isn't interesting, it's the same old 1st person shooter, Sony has tonnes of different kinds of games coming exclusive to PS4, like Rime, Bloodborne is here, The Tomorrow Children, Fat Princess Adventures has undergone a completely new direction for the game. Indies stop being indies when they're financially backed by a huge publisher like Sony and said publisher publishes those games on their platform, which is what's happening with the indies on PS4.

As for E3 announcements, Sony has more internal developers that work only on their home console, those developers have proved their capabilities in the past and many of them have been quiet for 2+ years, giving them plenty of time to have new games ready for later this year.

Guerrilla Games has a huge new open world IP that's been in development since 2010, Bend has one that's been in the works since 2011/2012, plenty of time to reveal something this year and maybe even be ready for the Fall this year.

Developers that worked on Playstation All Stars, Starhawk haven't released anything since 2012, the guys that made Knack and Puppeteer haven't released a thing since 2013.

Gt7 has been in development alongside GT6 for years.

Guerrilla Cambridge hasn't released anything since Killzone Mercenary and are now working on PS4.

Sony has tonnes of exclusives in development for PS4, with a network of the biggest and most established 1st party studios in the console games industry.

Sony are also in a better position to get more 2nd and 3rd party exclusives, because they have the much larger install base and they move more 3rd party software than anyone else.

Speaking about Andrew House's comments he stated that 2015 is the beginning point of when 1st party games will begin to be harvested, he also said that he was excited for E3 because it's when current gen systems will start to deliver awesome new big games, since he wouldn't have a clue what Microsoft or any other platform holder is up to he can only be talking about what 1st party and external developer partners are making for PS4.

Aura7541 said:
JustBeingReal said:

It's because some people keep brushing indies under the same brush, which is very ignorant. Hellblade, for instance, is technically an indie game, but it is being developed by Ninja Theory, the same guys who made Heavenly Sword and the DMC series.

Yep, pretty stupid IMO, especially when some of those games (like No Man's Sky, Rime and WiLD) are enormous and packed with things to do.

WiLD in particular is the kind of experience I always wanted to have in a game and it's being made by one of the brightest minds in video games!

Yeah the approch Ninja Theory are taking is really quite amazing, making a bag of tricks to build their came out of and matching the quality of the best AAA's on a small budget.

I hope the way Hellblade is made is going to bring about a bigger variety of new games, a team of like 15 people, out of a studio of 200 people can end up making dozens of new titles in the time it would normally take 200 people to make a single game.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Hellblade, it looks gorgeous and great from a gameplay POV too, the last video NT made showed some gameplay and it's already looking very solid, it shows that talent is all that's needed now and some inginuity in how you approach the development process.

Updated my post with some more XB1 games. As I put on the post, I hope I'm not being too harsh on these games - they just seem very similar in vibe / nature to games I've very recently 100%ed via PS+ over the last few months. Not that they're bad, but I'm not super hyped for most of them.