By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best exclusives in 2015? X1 or PS4

JustBeingReal said:

As it stands PS4 has it in the bag IMO, I'm sure Sony will add big Fall games to the list at E3 after Andrew House's comments, but so far Bloodborne (no longer niche because of it's sales), Tearaway Unfolded (the vita game was a Game of the Year contender and the new one has tonnes more to do and vastly improved gameplay), Rime, Fat Princess Adventures, Kill Strain looks very interesting and another new IP, the list is pretty enormous and much more interesting and fun than what XBox One has to offer IMO.

It's only Halo 5 and Forza 6 on Xbox One, Fable can be played on PC, Rise of The Tomb Raider is coming to 360 this year, will definitely be on PS4 next year.
2 exclusives for an entire year is truly sparse IMO and having to wait more than a year for something from 1st Party is downright disgusting business practice from Microsoft IMO!

Don't forget God of War III Remastered and the Journey Trilogy collection along with 3rd party exclusives such as Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, and Persona 5! I'm also very hyped for No Man's Sky and The Tomorrow Children.

However, I think it's actually ill-advised to release exclusives during the holiday season. 3rd party publishers want to cash in on the holiday season, already making the holiday lineup crowded as it is. Unless your game is named Halo, Gears, Uncharted, or Gran Turismo, it's financial suicide. I was pretty upset at how LittleBigPlanet 3 was handled because it was rushed and got swept away by the waves of GTAV, Far Cry 4, COD: AW, and AC: Unity. I was also bummed at how Sunset Overdrive didn't chart in NPD despite being a very good game. This is why we're hearing about Sony potentially getting these marketing deals rather than trying to push exclusives to the holidays. Sony can put out 1st party exclusives for the holiday season for the sake of perception, but it's not a smart decision financially.

Around the Network

This is a message to all the haters

#1 Amb-ass-ador

darkenergy said:
JustBeingReal said:

As it stands PS4 has it in the bag IMO, I'm sure Sony will add big Fall games to the list at E3 after Andrew House's comments, but so far Bloodborne (no longer niche because of it's sales), Tearaway Unfolded (the vita game was a Game of the Year contender and the new one has tonnes more to do and vastly improved gameplay), Rime, Fat Princess Adventures, Kill Strain looks very interesting and another new IP, the list is pretty enormous and much more interesting and fun than what XBox One has to offer IMO.

It's only Halo 5 and Forza 6 on Xbox One, Fable can be played on PC, Rise of The Tomb Raider is coming to 360 this year, will definitely be on PS4 next year.
2 exclusives for an entire year is truly sparse IMO and having to wait more than a year for something from 1st Party is downright disgusting business practice from Microsoft IMO!

I am not sure why you are saying waiting 1 year for a first party title from Microsoft is considered "disgusting", Sony is in a similar position as well we know how the Order scored which isn't good while Bloodbourne is still just one game from a niche genre(remember Andrew House even admits that their lineup is Sparse (even with the release of Bloodbourne). Those other games you mention aren't really interesting for many people and games like Halo 5 are more interesting than anything games Sony is offering IMO!

Also don't forget that Microsoft will announced more games at E3 with a possibility of a game being release this holiday with Halo 5 and Forza 6.

So a game selling one million is niche now ?

I guess Scalebound, Forza, Quantum Break will be really niche games then according to your very very smart logic. 

And anyway, in what way Being a niche game makes a game less interesting than an other and in what way a product Being more popular makes it more relevant, thats such a limited way of thinking, a Nintendo fan with a bit of common sense would agree on that, especially with the Wii U , i dont Know if you are able to understand why, i let you the day to think about that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
darkenergy said:

I am not sure why you are saying waiting 1 year for a first party title from Microsoft is considered "disgusting", Sony is in a similar position as well we know how the Order scored which isn't good while Bloodbourne is still just one game from a niche genre(remember Andrew House even admits that their lineup is Sparse (even with the release of Bloodbourne). Those other games you mention aren't really interesting for many people and games like Halo 5 are more interesting than anything games Sony is offering IMO!

Also don't forget that Microsoft will announced more games at E3 with a possibility of a game being release this holiday with Halo 5 and Forza 6.

I guess Scalebound, Forza, Quantum Break will be really niche games then according to your very very smart logic. 

And anyway, in what way Being a niche game makes a game less interesting than an other and in what way a product Being more popular makes it more relevant, thats such a limited way of thinking, a Nintendo fan with a bit of common sense would agree on that, especially with the Wii U , i dont Know if you are able to understand why, i let you the day to think about that

Look closely I said genre, by the way Forza games tend to sell 3 to 4 million with Forza 6 sold 1.9 million you make it sound like each game stop selling right after that and how do you even know that QB will only sell a million lifetime? Are you from the future? No? Ok then.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
Aerys said:

Look closely I said genre, by the way Forza games tend to sell 3 to 4 million with Forza 6 sold 1.9 million you make it sound like each game stop selling right after that and how do you even know that QB will only sell a million lifetime? Are you from the future? No? Ok then.

Well, that was what you were sounding like when you were talking about Bloodborne....

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
Aerys said:

There is no such thing as " niche genre " when a game sells million, thats a total nonsense, just think a bit, you will understand, and as i said, it doesnt matter anyway, even if in your head it's a niche genre, that changes nothing to the facts

Well you think Bloodborne will stop selling and not reach more than 2M like previous Souls ? ( and i dont think QB will sell as much when you see Alan Wake sales and based on One user base, unlikely)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
darkenergy said:

There is no such thing as " niche genre " when a game sells million, thats a total nonsense, just think a bit, you will understand, and as i said, it doesnt matter anyway, even if in your head it's a niche genre, that changes nothing to the facts

Well you think Bloodborne will stop selling and not reach more than 2M like previous Souls ? ( and i dont think QB will sell as much when you see Alan Wake sales and based on One user base,unlikely)

I wouldn't use another game(or something else to compare) the outcome of another game/thing. Remember when people thought PS4 is going to win USA April NPD base on Jan - March NPD? Or when people thought PS4 is going to win NPD for Nov 2014 because Jan-Oct NPD says so? Well I'm going to stop here so I will let this be my last reply.

Oops I check the genre of Bloodbourne it turns out it's genre isn't what I'm thinking so my mistake :-p

darkenergy said:
Aerys said:

Well you think Bloodborne will stop selling and not reach more than 2M like previous Souls ? ( and i dont think QB will sell as much when you see Alan Wake sales and based on One user base,unlikely)

I wouldn't use another game(or something else to compare) the outcome of another game/thing. Remember when people thought PS4 is going to win USA April NPD base on Jan - March NPD? Or when people thought PS4 is going to win NPD for Nov 2014 because Jan-Oct NPD says so? Well I'm going to stop here so I will let this be my last reply.

That is a false equivalency as the NPD situation isn't really the same. A lot of people did not take into account that Gamestop had a huge deal for consumers who wanted to purchase an XBO and assumed that buying habits were the same throughout all major 5 retailers (Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Amazon). Abdiel said the PS4 sold more in Best Buy and from my eyeballing, the PS4 dominated online in Walmart. Target and Gamestop were question marks. Had The Shogun not gotten banned on GAF and offered his assessment, everyone would be making different predictions, but alas, we're in the dark when it comes to Gamestop which holds the plurality of the marketshare.

So... yeah, this is not the same as what Aerys brought up. QB not selling as much as Alan Wake due to the XBO's userbase is an understandable opinion. You may not agree with it, but it's not unbelievable either.

For the PS4 I'm interested in Persona 5 and Tearaway, maybe Rime. Also I think Tales of Zestiria will get a ps4 port and will be released this year but it's not oficially confirmed so it doesn't count.
There are other PS exclusives that interest me but they aren't coming this year like Ratchet & Clank Redux, The Last Guardian, Ys 8, Star Ocean 5 and Gran Turismo 7.

As for the One, well nothing there really interests me, maybe that Ori game I guess.