By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CEO Of R* Says PS4/XB1 Power Nowhere Near Realized Yet

My my hasn't this thread just been taken off the tracks.

Anyway, I know this guy knows better than us but I have to disagree. The systems are just much simpler this time and won't take as long to figure out.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Guitarguy said:

Fuck I love TLOU....

I remember watching the E3 preview of it in 2012 I believe and thought "the gameplay can't be as good as the graphics", man I was so wrong. Truly the best swan song for a console.

Gameplay doesn't look as good as those graphics though, lol....

The gameplay was as good as the graphics(to me). Never said anything about gameplay looking like anything, that was you.

Guitarguy said:
bigtakilla said:

Gameplay doesn't look as good as those graphics though, lol....

The gameplay was as good as the graphics(to me). Never said anything about gameplay looking like anything, that was you.

I stand corrected. 

bigtakilla said:
Guitarguy said:

I stand corrected. 

Hehe, some people say TLOU was overhyped which is their opinion and I certainly won't argue with that. I thought MGS4 was very overhyped but many absolutely loved it. TLOU did resonate with me though on all levels and holds a place as one of the best games I have played along with Deus Ex Human Revolution, MGS1, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, etc.

I hope this CEO of R* is correct. I so want to see graphics evolve during this generation, just like last generation.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
bigtakilla said:

I stand corrected. 

Hehe, some people say TLOU was overhyped which is their opinion and I certainly won't argue with that. I thought MGS4 was very overhyped but many absolutely loved it. TLOU did resonate with me though on all levels and holds a place as one of the best games I have played along with Deus Ex Human Revolution, MGS1, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, etc.

It has for a lot of people, and I understand that. Hell, one of my favorite games of all time Xenoblade Chronicles didn't look great but it brought something I wanted from the JRPG genre I hadn't gotten in a long time. Depth in everything. Combat system, story, armor, weapons, ect. It was an amazing game. People say its overhyped too. Just not many because it was freaking sweet!.

You could squeeze a lot of power out of the PS3. But except if you go full on cloud computing (which is a terrible idea and has no real justification), you're not going to get much more out of the PS4 and Xbox One.

Unless they overclock the systems that is (which might also not be the best of ideas).

People are more or less brushing off the graphics of of the next gen exclusives because multiconsole ports are near identical to last gen. So far there's been next to nothing that hasn't been a port. The games that are actually exclusive have been far better looking than anything on the prior gen. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, DriveClub, Infamous Second Son, Bloodborne, and The Order 1866.

Of course there's going to almost no difference when it's the exact same game running in a higher res and nothing more. 

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

The cutscenes on the PS3 version aren't rendered in realtime, so that makes the pic pointless as an example of the system's power.

Kids these days...

cutscene shot vs. cutscene shot...

Even ignoring those though, in the gameplay videos you posted TLOU looks so crazily better...

Edit: I'd like to point something else out here aswell, how many devs now have come out and said that we'll see big graphical improvements over the course of the gen?  Yet every time another one does the response is always "Nope, won't happen" like the people saying it have any clue.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Comparing Uncharted 1 to TLOU(both on PS3) is a bit flawed considering the art direction is quite different. Here are some in game examples of Uncharted 1 and 3:

Drastic.