By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has the Wii U irreparably damaged Nintendo's image?

Lots of stupid hate towards nintendo here. The only thing that may be irreparably damaged is third party trust after so much lack of professionalism.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
zorg1000 said:

How do u figure they are pulling back support for Wii U? This year has just about the same or perhaps even more support than 2013/2014 from Nintendo.

It's pretty obcvious to me that they delayed Zelda so that they could launch it on NX and make their money back. Probably more games too, but Zelda is the most prominent one.

pretty obvious for you for no reason whatsoever. try learning about logic.

bigtakilla said:
Locknuts said:

It's pretty obcvious to me that they delayed Zelda so that they could launch it on NX and make their money back. Probably more games too, but Zelda is the most prominent one.

Next year around E3 remind me to make a bet with you that Zelda Wii U will in fact be an exclusive for the Wii U. 

zelda will probably release first half of 2016, so even earlier than that.

Locknuts said:
zorg1000 said:

How do u figure they are pulling back support for Wii U? This year has just about the same or perhaps even more support than 2013/2014 from Nintendo.

i would say that's a pretty hasty conclusion.  Nintendo is not immune to the delay-itus most developers/publishers have nowadays.  Hell even uncharted 4 got pushed back to next year and that was going to be HUGE for sony.  Not to mention that it would seem pushing to nx at this point would make it a port not a system change which would cause more, not less, work in the long run.    I'm not saying your wrong, but i definitely don't feel the same, and i would say it being "obvious"  is a bit presumptuous.  If i were a betting man, zelda will be released in 2016 for the wii-u.  Incidentally i've been right about all their releases so far (minus zelda's delay).  I even predicted fatal frame 5's localization.  So, have a little patience with zelda man.  

Much like last year you will be looking at consecutive monthly releases with a previous may title launch (splatoon).  I think july and august will have releases this time around.  i think we'll get devil's third at the end of july, xenoblade chronicles in august, yoshi in september, fatal frame in october and star fox in november.  Some titles may be switched, but i'm pretty convinced it's all coming.  Except star fox, i'm not 100% that will release this year.  If they keep the streak of budget titles in february continues, then i would say star fox could be pushed to then, probably causing the other guesses to be pushed back a month. (except fatal frame, you gotta release that in october).  

Locknuts said:
Well I won't be buying any more Nintendo hardware unless things drastically change. Nintendo seem to be pulling back from supporting the Wii U rather than getting behind it in its time of need.

based on what? because reality is the opposite of that.

Around the Network
purewisdon said:

Lots of stupid hate towards nintendo here. The only thing that may be irreparably damaged is third party trust after so much lack of professionalism.

Its funny how you lump all third parties together like its a problem for all of them.  Luckily this type of sentiment is not shared by the overall gaming public.

I Don't care anymore. I've given up on the Wii U getting any credible third party. I just want their first and second party when I buy it. If they give me a great Starfox forever will that Wii U be in my heart just like the N64. DO A F'N BARREL ROLL NINTENDO!

Train wreck said:
purewisdon said:

Its funny how you lump all third parties together like its a problem for all of them.  Luckily this type of sentiment is not shared by the overall gaming public.

luckily your word means nothing since you are another cheap hater. my third party comment was also very self explanatory and obviously doesn't treat all third parties as a single entity.

purewisdon said:

They are doing fine. Companies are making much more money than in the past when they were exclusive to Nintendo most of the time. Problem is the AAA issue where they want the huge bucks for their games and companies closed down because they never made a profit. Thats what capitalism is all about. People compete and if they cannot sustain their business it will fall out. Nintendo tends to either hold back devs vision of their own games to suit their console. Sony and Microsoft have gained the lot of them because they allow them to realize their vision which demands consoles with more power. Nintendo will always weather the storm because they always make cheaply made consoles and turn a profit even if they lose a gen. Perhaps Nintendo is better off alone? Who knows? 

purewisdon said:

You mean Nintendo's lack of professionalism, right?

Edit: Alt account, oh well... nice try, lol.