By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Wii U could do PS4 graphics at 720p, would that be enough for you?

Tagged games:

?

Yes, that'd be satisfactory 130 31.18%

Still wouldn't be good enough 84 20.14%

Wii U's graphics are already fine 203 48.68%

Total:417

It would be nice, but if it were capable of that i'd rather the resources be put into a better IQ (and even then they'd still have enough resources to make a fairly significant jump over the WiiU's present graphics). Eventually you reach a point where improving the graphics without improving the IQ is simply inefficient (at least if your end goal is to make it look as nice as possible). For me personally, the graphics standards of the PS4 and X1 already exceed that point for 720p.

1080p versions of WiiU games would make me pretty happy. I'll be buying one when ZeldaU comes out regardless, but it'd still have been nice :p

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
The GC proved that having equitable graphics is irrelevant.

That's not really what Curl was asking ^^;

Better question is, would that be enough for 3rd parties?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

This. It would be enough for me though.

Fusioncode said:

I'd say so, yeah. If they could port games to the WiiU without having to make any major asset or mechanic adjustments, it would be an easy enough process that i can't see any reason they wouldn't (especially since the WiiU would likely have a larger install base by now were it not for the present lack of support).

They wouldn't necessarily be good ports (that would depend on how they expect them to sell), but there would certainly be more of them.

Around the Network

I think that the main problem isn't the power of the hardware, it's the fact that Ninty failed to keep AAA companies from blowing their budgets on stupid stuff like 1080p and the most impressive graphics that will be aged in 2 years, by becoming the gaming hipsters that they're now.

I'm now filled with determination.

it's never enough. funnily, the 5th and 6th generations were about "gameplay". cough cough.

its enough for me right now..so...

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

As many said before, I'm pretty content with Wii U's current graphics, as no games did I flat out think, "This game is ugly"

Never really cared how many p's a game has