By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 10

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
My favorite FF tied with 7 in storyline. 12 is my favorite in gameplay.

What about 9? Such a masterpiece.

It's a lovely game. Spent hours grinding by killing that dragon that you reach through that ladder in a cave after you get Quina. Vivi is awesome.

FFX is an awesome game with main character of a laid-back personality and a little positivity.

There is some religious debate in this game and a possible reference to the Vatican and it's followers and I loved that aspect as well. There is the theme of racism there as well.

The ending was epic for me.

I already want to play this fucking game again.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:

Just all of it. It just clicks better to me than other FF games. People are very torn about this game though, as you'll find Personally, I really liked Tidus as a character (people often use an out-of-context scene to show that he 'sucks') and he really does change and adapt to Spira as the story goes on. I like that we're as in the dark as he is about the situation he's in. However, the character really makes this game is Auron. My personal favorite FF character of all time.

Auron does seems pretty cool indeed. By far the char that catched most my interest until now.

Auron has more balls than a Moogle convention.

BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:

Just all of it. It just clicks better to me than other FF games. People are very torn about this game though, as you'll find Personally, I really liked Tidus as a character (people often use an out-of-context scene to show that he 'sucks') and he really does change and adapt to Spira as the story goes on. I like that we're as in the dark as he is about the situation he's in. However, the character really makes this game is Auron. My personal favorite FF character of all time.

Auron does seems pretty cool indeed. By far the char that catched most my interest until now.

Looks like someone already linked you to the out-of-context scene XD People really should get over that scene, most who use it probably haven't even played it anyway, yeah Auron stays pretty mysterious throughout. Rikku is a bit interesting.

And yeah, dialogue can be stiff at times. Definitely not the best translated game made. Not sure why the translation was so strange in this game 

StarOcean said:
BraLoD said:

Looks like someone already linked you to the out-of-context scene XD People really should get over that scene, most who use it probably haven't even played it anyway, yeah Auron stays pretty mysterious throughout. Rikku is a bit interesting.

And yeah, dialogue can be stiff at times. Definitely not the best translated game made. Not sure why the translation was so strange in this game 

I always found that scene to be charming. Let it all out even if you make a fool of yourself.

I don't know about the FFX Jap version but I am sure that as always there are little nuances that are hard to translate to other languages.

BraLoD said:

Go for it, one of the best games I've played in a good time.

There first paragraph was for FFIX, the rest was for FF10. XD But I do would like to go do a run through all FFs so I would like to replay 9 as well.

BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:

It does seems to have a poor tranlation process rather than a better scripted dialogue, as sometimes the chars do moves while talking that seems to express what they want but the voice is saying something else. I'll try to get over it, if it was only text it would be so much easier, but as it's audio it's get a bit harder.

Yeah, what's worse about the translation is that because it also has audio dialogue they can't really improve it like in previous entries. Thankfully 12 had a much better translation. Oh yeah, you're using the PS2 ver. you said? If you're NA then you have less stuff than the International version. None of the added stuff was important to the story, but it was interesting (Dark Aeons and Penance battles)

Around the Network

YES!! My favourite game of all time! I hope that you will enjoy it, I can't imagine what my gaming life would be without it.

BraLoD said:
StarOcean said:

Yeah, what's worse about the translation is that because it also has audio dialogue they can't really improve it like in previous entries. Thankfully 12 had a much better translation. Oh yeah, you're using the PS2 ver. you said? If you're NA then you have less stuff than the International version. None of the added stuff was important to the story, but it was interesting (Dark Aeons and Penance battles)

I found FF12 translation to be one of the best ever.
I may remember ir a little better than it actually was, but I remember it was so damn good when I played it.

Also that British accent they had in 12 was really good. Not that I care about accents as I'm not even a native english speaker, but it does sounded really good, was also easy to understand and that was great to me as I was still a huge noob in english at the time as a teen.

Heh, now I'm feeling good, I'm only half a noob!

The FF12 translation holds up well still. They did a beautiful job with it, It's got one of the best VAs of any video game ever imo.

FFX was the first FF effort from Square with voice overs. I remember using dial-up to go to Square's official website where they had voice samples for the characters.

This game blows. There so much wrong with it the fanbase completely ignores.

Love it. Sort of a non-spoilery tip, switch characters often. You'll sometimes get some fun verbal interaction from the characters based on the current plot situation in battles.