By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: mountain dew and Playstation partnership.

Fusioncode said:
Wow, Microsoft let Sony get Metal Gear, Batman, Battlefront, and COD? There must have been some major budget cuts at Xbox lately if they're losing almost every major 3rd party marketing deal to their competitor. This is the complete opposite of last gen where they pretty much dominated the 3rd party mindshare.

Microsoft probably has something really big up their sleeves if they willingly let go of COD marketing rights, or at least I would hope so.  Maybe exclusive marketing for Fallout 4 or something like that, if that game is even announced at this E3, or maybe they're trying to rely on first party more this gen.

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:
Fusioncode said:
Wow, Microsoft let Sony get Metal Gear, Batman, Battlefront, and COD? There must have been some major budget cuts at Xbox lately if they're losing almost every major 3rd party marketing deal to their competitor. This is the complete opposite of last gen where they pretty much dominated the 3rd party mindshare.

Microsoft probably has something really big up their sleeves if they willingly let go of COD marketing rights, or at least I would hope so.  Maybe exclusive marketing for Fallout 4 or something like that, if that game is even announced at this E3, or maybe they're trying to rely on first party more this gen.

I think Microsoft believes that Halo 5 will be more than enough this holiday, that's why they let go so many marketing rights. 

thatguymarco said:
So, CoD's gonna be exclusive now?

No, Bobby Kotick isn't that stupid.  It just means the PS4 will get DLC first, the PS4 will be in every COD commercial, and that Sony will likely show the game at E3 instead of Microsoft. 

If this next cod is next gen exclusive ms chose the worst time to drop the partnership, should have waited. Next gen cod is going to be a huge deal if all of this happens.

Sitting through the boring Call of Duty E3 demo's is the worst. They need to not be at any conference.

Around the Network

Of course Microsoft couldn't pay for marketing rights, they spent their entire budget on Silent Hill.
At least now, with Sony's expertise and Activision's innovative spirit, Mountain Dew will no longer taste like a carbonated cocktail of horse's urine and Jim Sterling's underboob sweat.

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! As a PS4 owner I really don't want that...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

They somehow have to attract the dudebros that are still stuck on the other side.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I thought this was a joke thread. Wow, what a turn up for the books! Lol

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

I'm happy about this

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P