By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 in stock... Where is the major boost?

DragonLord said:
I think it was just a small supply shortage. Even during the shortage, I was seeing a few in most stores...but not full shelves.

This.

And, the supply constrain wasn't a Wii "we don't have any" constrain. It was a "oh, some stores don't have Premiums and Elites cause they sold out of the ones with bundled games and haven't received normal SKUs yet" constrain. So, the Arcades and Halo 360's were still there, but those are the least bought.

This time of year isn't exactly great for consoles, either. 

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't get it. The Sony fanboys care more about the 360's supply issues than the 360 fanboys, and make threads about it every day. Seriously, I thought this was over with and yet fanboys are still crying about how the supply issue had to be a sham and their pathetic little crusade to expose the truth.

It's really not that big of a deal.

Oh yes it is. Its the difference between the PS3 being more highly in demand than the 360 in NA. This is like the victory lap for the people who called BS on supply issues in the first place. So if it annoys you, dont click on the thread (just maybe?). However, those people who said the PS3 was going to get its ass kicked as soon as the supply issue was fixed, I say to you.

"O RLY?"

Jandre002 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't get it. The Sony fanboys care more about the 360's supply issues than the 360 fanboys, and make threads about it every day. Seriously, I thought this was over with and yet fanboys are still crying about how the supply issue had to be a sham and their pathetic little crusade to expose the truth.

It's really not that big of a deal.

Oh yes it is. Its the difference between the PS3 being more highly in demand than the 360 in NA. This is like the victory lap for the people who called BS on supply issues in the first place. So if it annoys you, dont click on the thread (just maybe?). However, those people who said the PS3 was going to get its ass kicked as soon as the supply issue was fixed, I say to you.

"O RLY?"

Point. Set. Match. You put my thoughts on the screen

PooperScooper said:
There will always be an excuse for poor console sales

Is the best answer. Deviation - I'll give you A and D. The reason I made this thread was because there were people hooting and hollering "Supply! Supply!" Now I kind of want them to put their foot in their mouth.

I'd have thought the answer to that question is obvious. All consoles are low because of the Month, but the 360's are particularly low because of an imminent price drop.  Microsoft have shown that they generally drop worldwide within a very small timeframe.  I would expect to see a price drop or a very nice bundle or SKU in the USA within a month.  

People are aware of this, and we are seeing the same decline we saw in Europe when price drop rumours emerged.  In fact, there is the additional and strong rumour of a 60gb replacement for the pro. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

Is the best answer. Deviation - I'll give you A and D. The reason I made this thread was because there were people hooting and hollering "Supply! Supply!" Now I kind of want them to put their foot in their mouth.

I'd have thought the answer to that question is obvious. All consoles are low because of the Month, but the 360's are particularly low because of an imminent price drop. Microsoft have shown that they generally drop worldwide within a very small timeframe. I would expect to see a price drop or a very nice bundle or SKU in the USA within a month.

People are aware of this, and we are seeing the same decline we saw in Europe when price drop rumours emerged. In fact, there is the additional and strong rumour of a 60gb replacement for the pro.

You cant be serious. Now your blaming sales on the price drop? Come on friend, your looking like PS3 owners last year now.

Around the Network

First off sales are not poor. VGChartz says that 360 sales in February were 100K more than last year. They would have been better had it not been for shortages early in the month.

Now the very reason that they may have become short was retooling factories for Falcon model. It is entirely possible that the final 3 months of 2007 had factories building both the retrofitted models and the 65NM Falcon models in enough supply to make it through the end of the year. Then in January the remaining factories had to be retooled for the Falcon model.

Also maybe because MS wanted to make sure that they did not make a price drop of signifigance until this was done and the risks of RROD were drastically lowered. Now that it appears all models being sold are the reliable Falcon models MS can go ahead and drop price and not worry about repair costs.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Jandre002 said:
starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

I'd have thought the answer to that question is obvious. All consoles are low because of the Month, but the 360's are particularly low because of an imminent price drop. Microsoft have shown that they generally drop worldwide within a very small timeframe. I would expect to see a price drop or a very nice bundle or SKU in the USA within a month.

People are aware of this, and we are seeing the same decline we saw in Europe when price drop rumours emerged. In fact, there is the additional and strong rumour of a 60gb replacement for the pro.

You cant be serious. Now your blaming sales on the price drop? Come on friend, your looking like PS3 owners last year now.

Desperation for owning a shitty console, the XB ownersgot screwed with a short lifespan, and soon enough the 360 fans will get screwed as well in addition to all the RROD issues. The have to justify there purchase, it is like when HD-DVD failed and was dropped, all the HD-DVD owners were saying "Well at least we can watch the movies we already bought".  Nothing but pathetic excuses.  Look at it this way when RROD showed up 360 fans said "well at least they fix it for free"  When outsold by the Wii they said "Well we aren't in competition with the Wii", When PS3 started outselling worldwide they cried "Japan hates American products(false!!!) they have no excuse for Europe"  And now when NPD stated that PS3 outsold 360 they had to think of something new "Supply constraints" HAHA pathetic and false as the numbers now show.  Man starcraft that excuse is even more pathetic then anything yet.  I can't wait until next year to here the excuse for PS3 outselling 360 in total sales.

People are not at all aware of a price drop. There is no evidence that there will be a price drop, except that Microsoft is beginning to lose more of its already precarious hold over the ps3 in terms of sales. Your average gamer does not follow sales or have any real idea of a console war even.

I think gamers like starcraft spend a little too much time around other hardcore gamers and forget that your average person buying a console are not following sales and trying to predict price drops. Not everyone sits around on thier ass all day going from thier console to the computer to come up with conspiracy theories on why their favorite console is falling in sales.

I have no favoritism on 360 or ps3, but the post has a point. This is a sales site and if you are going to come up with lame ass reasons for lack luster sales, then own up when you are wrong.

fightinglee said:
People are not at all aware of a price drop. There is no evidence that there will be a price drop, except that Microsoft is beginning to lose more of its already precarious hold over the ps3 in terms of sales. Your average gamer does not follow sales or have any real idea of a console war even.

I think gamers like starcraft spend a little too much time around other hardcore gamers and forget that your average person buying a console are not following sales and trying to predict price drops. Not everyone sits around on thier ass all day going from thier console to the computer to come up with conspiracy theories on why their favorite console is falling in sales.

I have no favoritism on 360 or ps3, but the post has a point. This is a sales site and if you are going to come up with lame ass reasons for lack luster sales, then own up when you are wrong.

Great 2nd post. You're awesome. Keep this up and you'll be liked by many.

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

I'd have thought the answer to that question is obvious. All consoles are low because of the Month, but the 360's are particularly low because of an imminent price drop.  Microsoft have shown that they generally drop worldwide within a very small timeframe.  I would expect to see a price drop or a very nice bundle or SKU in the USA within a month.  

People are aware of this, and we are seeing the same decline we saw in Europe when price drop rumours emerged.  In fact, there is the additional and strong rumour of a 60gb replacement for the pro. 

360 sales is not particularly low, in fact its great when comparted to last year's sales 

Week Ending 2005/2006 : 2006/2007 : 2007/200820072008Sales growth / declinePercentage growth
March 11/10                           89,228                           127,885                            38,657 43%