By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 in stock... Where is the major boost?

I find it weird that MS has supply problems with the 360 after two years on the market, unless the production went under a serious change. Did they have shortages in January of 07?

Around the Network
fightinglee said:
People are not at all aware of a price drop. There is no evidence that there will be a price drop, except that Microsoft is beginning to lose more of its already precarious hold over the ps3 in terms of sales. Your average gamer does not follow sales or have any real idea of a console war even.

I think gamers like starcraft spend a little too much time around other hardcore gamers and forget that your average person buying a console are not following sales and trying to predict price drops. Not everyone sits around on thier ass all day going from thier console to the computer to come up with conspiracy theories on why their favorite console is falling in sales.

I have no favoritism on 360 or ps3, but the post has a point. This is a sales site and if you are going to come up with lame ass reasons for lack luster sales, then own up when you are wrong.

What?  Microsoft just announced a price drop in Europe. No evidence at all that maybe they will drop the price in the US. Nope companies never do that.  Prices on the 360 SKU's in over 2 years on the market have dropped $20,$50, and $30. Nope no one would suspect that now is the time for a more signifigant drop. The models with the RROD problem are no longer around. Nope no one would suspect now is the time for a price drop.

Also anyone that denys that there was any shortage in January and a good deal of February is just being foolish.  Not like Wii shortages, but a shortage nonetheless.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Once again, the average gamer in the US does NOT know that the 360 just dropped in Europe. In case you didn't know this, people in the US don't really pay attention to what console prices are doing in Europe. We hardly care about the big news in Europe, let alone what the 360 costs. Hardcore gamers pay attention to prices and potential drops. Your average guy that goes into target to get a console for his kid or self does not spend all day trying to figure out if the price is about to drop.

I have several friends at work that ask me questions about what console to get and never has the question about price drop ever come up. They just don't care for one thing, and waiting 2 or 3 or forever to save 50 bucks just doesn't matter to the buy-now consumers we have here. I mean look at all the foreclosers in america, they buy, not think.

Actually, that is a good point of low sales. The economy here is not exactly shining brightly. I am just asking for real reasons thx1139738336.

Deviation59 said:
A) Supply constraints were never that tight, just lack of availability at some chains.
B) Sales typically sag in February and March anyways.
C) People don't realize that it's still selling more right now than it was at the same time last year.
D) 360 sales look lower than they are because the PS3 is actually keeping pace now.
E) All of the above.

What he said. There were supply constraints but I don't think they were that tight. I periodically checked 360 supplies in the big retailers around me online and from early January to late February, most were anywhere from 50% to 90% sold out. You could find them, but it wasn't easy.

Now the 360 is everywhere. We'll see how March NPD does when it comes out in a month. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Auron said:

Desperation for owning a shitty console, the XB ownersgot screwed with a short lifespan, and soon enough the 360 fans will get screwed as well in addition to all the RROD issues. The have to justify there purchase, it is like when HD-DVD failed and was dropped, all the HD-DVD owners were saying "Well at least we can watch the movies we already bought". Nothing but pathetic excuses. Look at it this way when RROD showed up 360 fans said "well at least they fix it for free" When outsold by the Wii they said "Well we aren't in competition with the Wii", When PS3 started outselling worldwide they cried "Japan hates American products(false!!!) they have no excuse for Europe" And now when NPD stated that PS3 outsold 360 they had to think of something new "Supply constraints" HAHA pathetic and false as the numbers now show. Man starcraft that excuse is even more pathetic then anything yet. I can't wait until next year to here the excuse for PS3 outselling 360 in total sales.

Read my sig, understand that I paid less for my console than PS3 owners, then ask yourself who really needs to justify their purchase.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Auron said:

Desperation for owning a shitty console, the XB ownersgot screwed with a short lifespan, and soon enough the 360 fans will get screwed as well in addition to all the RROD issues. The have to justify there purchase, it is like when HD-DVD failed and was dropped, all the HD-DVD owners were saying "Well at least we can watch the movies we already bought". Nothing but pathetic excuses. Look at it this way when RROD showed up 360 fans said "well at least they fix it for free" When outsold by the Wii they said "Well we aren't in competition with the Wii", When PS3 started outselling worldwide they cried "Japan hates American products(false!!!) they have no excuse for Europe" And now when NPD stated that PS3 outsold 360 they had to think of something new "Supply constraints" HAHA pathetic and false as the numbers now show. Man starcraft that excuse is even more pathetic then anything yet. I can't wait until next year to here the excuse for PS3 outselling 360 in total sales.

Read my sig, understand that I paid less for my console than PS3 owners, then ask yourself who really needs to justify their purchase.

Damn... You're right. I can't justify spending 600 dollars on a console.... oh wait I wanted Blu-ray player... and oh yeah the money I'm saving not spending on online play... and I seem to remember something called the RRoD that doesn't allow people to play a game for a couple of weeks... Oh and the fact I don't like games that involve marines killing aliens. (Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect) Before you go about sayinf ps3 owners need to justify their purchase just remember that certain people have different tastes in games and features. I read your sig. I don't give a damn about reviewers. I have a shit more fun on Warhawk and Uncharted than I did with Gears and Halo so for me... AAA = 3 on Ps3 . 0 on 360. And read your comment and then think why people call you a troll/

PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:

Damn... You're right. I can't justify spending 600 dollars on a console.... oh wait I wanted Blu-ray player... and oh yeah the money I'm saving not spending on online play... and I seem to remember something called the RRoD that doesn't allow people to play a game for a couple of weeks... Oh and the fact I don't like games that involve marines killing aliens. (Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect) Before you go about sayinf ps3 owners need to justify their purchase just remember that certain people have different tastes in games and features. I read your sig. I don't give a damn about reviewers. I have a shit more fun on Warhawk and Uncharted than I did with Gears and Halo so for me... AAA = 3 on Ps3 . 0 on 360. And read your comment and then think why people call you a troll/

Would you stop fucking trolling?  I'm so sick of this shit. Shut your fucking mouth. PS3 is a fucking piece of shit. 

PS3 is a piece of shit, it looks like dogshit on every game whjich 360 looks better on. Even though Sony lied like shit and said it had the power of 600 supercomputers. It cant even run fucking Orange Box a 6 year old PC game with a decent fucking framerate.

Where the fuck are the mods to stop these fukling insane PS3 fanboy trolling? It's just fucking abuse after abuse here. This shit needs to be banned on sight. 

sharky2 said:
PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:

Would you stop fucking trolling?  I'm so sick of this shit. Shut your fucking mouth. PS3 is a fucking piece of shit. 

PS3 is a piece of shit, it looks like dogshit on every game whjich 360 looks better on. Even though Sony lied like shit and said it had the power of 600 supercomputers. It cant even run fucking Orange Box a 6 year old PC game with a decent fucking framerate.

Where the fuck are the mods to stop these fukling insane PS3 fanboy trolling? It's just fucking abuse after abuse here. This shit needs to be banned on sight. 

Is it a good Idea to be posting while your banned. Especially causing a scene like this.

PooperScooper said:
sharky2 said:
PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:
Auron said:

Would you stop fucking trolling? I'm so sick of this shit. Shut your fucking mouth. PS3 is a fucking piece of shit.

Is it a good Idea to be posting while your banned. Especially causing a scene like this.

I dont care. I'm through letting you abusive PS3 famboys post your diarha while nobody even defends 360.

Shut your fucking mouth. 

PooperScooper said:
fightinglee said:
People are not at all aware of a price drop. There is no evidence that there will be a price drop, except that Microsoft is beginning to lose more of its already precarious hold over the ps3 in terms of sales. Your average gamer does not follow sales or have any real idea of a console war even.

I think gamers like starcraft spend a little too much time around other hardcore gamers and forget that your average person buying a console are not following sales and trying to predict price drops. Not everyone sits around on thier ass all day going from thier console to the computer to come up with conspiracy theories on why their favorite console is falling in sales.

I have no favoritism on 360 or ps3, but the post has a point. This is a sales site and if you are going to come up with lame ass reasons for lack luster sales, then own up when you are wrong.

Great 2nd post. You're awesome. Keep this up and you'll be liked by many.

The first I heard about the recent Europe price drop rumours was from a mate that was telling me he was getting a 360 but had decided to wait because of the likelihood of price drops.  As for how much time I spend with hardcore gamers?  This is it.  Not one friend of mine is a hardcore gamer, and I don't post on any other site.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS