By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vgchartz!!! ioi deceived us, hardware up to May 16th is up!!!!!!! Check weekly hardware comparison to see all updated weeks

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
cheryl said:
maybe we need wait to the E3 to see real sales about ps4 and xbox one consoles.
i´m sure ps4 has sold around 22-24 million.

Well, VGC does say 22.7, and that's with the last 2 weeks missing still. So basically you're saying you agree with VGC

LOL 

Around the Network

Wow, great to see all consoles up yoy for the comparable weeks.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Pavolink said:
Wow Wii U under 30k and 3DS under 80k
Do we expect still new hardware until 2017-2018?

Never did, still think holiday 2016 for both, it's the only thing that makes sense. Waiting until 2017 or 2018 would be ridiculous, there's no point in having consoles selling 10-15k per week on the market, the whole "they can't afford to upset their fanbase by launching early" is easily beaten by the looming "sales will fall to a point where they will be all but fogotten on the market". The 3DS is plummeting despite the N3DS in the West and it was really predictable.

When do you think we'll see new consoles?

ps4 sold more than double x1.
Aww, I was hoping for better gap than just that.
the 2x gap is now at 2.5m, closing slowly

Mummelmann said:
Pavolink said:

Never did, still think holiday 2016 for both, it's the only thing that makes sense. Waiting until 2017 or 2018 would be ridiculous, there's no point in having consoles selling 10-15k per week on the market, the whole "they can't afford to upset their fanbase by launching early" is easily beaten by the looming "sales will fall to a point where they will be all but fogotten on the market". The 3DS is plummeting despite the N3DS in the West and it was really predictable.

I believe in the Fusion rumor. Both handheld and console launching in holiday 2016, Zelda HD NX version at launch. It will show properly the difference between the handheld and homeconsole counterparts.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

March 28th was:
ps4: 21,424,597
xb1: 12,079,716
or 1.77x

May 26th:
ps4: 22.7
xb1: 12.6
or 1.8x

only went up by .3!
I'm not gunna hit my prediction at this rate.
Buuuut...1.3m vs 550k in sales. Dayam.

Kinda crazy that 1 1/2 years ago, lots of people were still extremely certain that the 3DS would top 100 million units.

The dedicated handheld market is disappearing guys.

Pavolink said:
Mummelmann said:

I believe in the Fusion rumor. Both handheld and console launching in holiday 2016, Zelda HD NX version at launch. It will show properly the difference between the handheld and homeconsole counterparts.

Yeah, Fusion makes the most sense, we have seen in the past decade that Nintendo need to support their consoles almost on their own when it comes to bigger titles, the Fusion solution would be the best approach to ramp up production of much needed software.

The quality of their titles are at a possible all time high, but the development cycles have been too long and they're torn between two platforms.

Mummelmann said:
Pavolink said:

I agree with you on the 3DS front but the Wii U could still be given some life through a price-cut or a re-design.  If NX is the "fusion" concept then it should be a staggered release with the handheld coming out sometime next year (probably needs to be before Christmas 2016) and the console sometime in early to mid-2017.

If you replace the Wii U in 2016 then this pretty much guarantees that the Wii U won't be getting much (if any) support in 2016.  Nintendo pretty much never supports their consoles in their last year.  Since the Wii U had unusually poor support in it's first year that would essentially make it a 2 year console with no 3rd parties to speak of. I think that would reasonably make fans upset.

There's also no guarantee that the NX will be anymore successful on the home console front then the Wii U has been.  With the exception of the Wii every subsequent Nintendo home console has been selling worse.  At least the Wii U has a very dedicated 10 million userbase who are already making most of Nintendo's first party titles million sellers.  That's why I think Nintendo should stagger the NX release and make the handheld portion successful before throwing all of their eggs in one basket and replacing the Wii U. 

Yay!